“Gelatissimo!!!”

Dining options: After-hours
Lugano, Switzerland
“Gelatissimo!!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I lived in Lugano for three years and it's one of the things I miss the mist from there! It's a must when I come back, best gelato in town!
Pistaccio ice cream is really a must! Carrot, panna acida or their fruit flavours, made from real and abundant fruit every day... I used to eat one every afternoon during my whole pregnancy, it was my treat!
Special mention to Simone, always nice and smily, who deals sometimes alone with the whole place: the real soul of the shop.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank smarkanda

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Hands down, 'THE' best Ice-Cream in the Whole of Swiss!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I went to this place after finding high reviews on tripadvisor. and boy was i not disappointed!

as i said this is the best ice cream that i've had in the whole of Switzerland!

Say adios to movenpick, this is more fresh and delicious than all ice creams.

They have a variety of off-beat ice cream flavours each with their own quality.

I had chosen, the dark chocolate flavour and hazelnut.

the ice cream were fine, smooth and delicious.

anybody in lugano must go here!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Shyam P
Hove, United Kingdom
“Ice Cream to die for”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

After a bit of a search we found -9 Gelato. I had read several reviews so came with an open mind and an ice cream loving son. To say we were impressed is like saying Pele was an average footballer. The reception from the staff was friendly and helpful. The ice cream is out of this world. I tried the vanilla and it was divine. Our son had milk chocolate and vanilla , according to him a was lovely and chocolatey and the vanilla was fantastic. My husband also raved about the superb quality of the milk chocolate. We thought the prices were very reasonable even with the bad exchange rate for the Swiss Franc to sterling. It was a great pity we did not have time to go back and try the other flavours including white chocolate, peach and Dark chocolate .

• Visited August 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,170 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had the gelato, and it was disappointing. There was no flavor of any kind except vanilla. First of all the menu and all descriptions are in Italian. The girl could not describe it in English. She just offered a taste of whichever flavor I wanted. I asked for something that sounded and looked like cappuchinno. She confirmed that it has coffee. It was very disappointing. Try the Gelataria that has a few locations around the center. They have the real gelato.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank ZenHealer7
MrMenonove, Proprietario at -9 Gelato Italiano, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Contributor,
we thank you for your visit, we are sorry you have been disappointed and we were a little surprised of your comments.

1) You state that “There was no flavor of any kind except vanilla”. In this season we offer among 20 and 24 flavors which, we believe, gives a wide selection. As we produce or Gelato fresh every day, is possible that, at night, before our closing this selection may get reduced.
2) We have 5 sales people in our staff. One of them is not fluent in English and evidently you have been served by her. We excuse for this inconvenience even if, we believe that “a taste” is better than a good fluency of the language!
3) I assume you have tried our flavor Cappuccino Crock. Yes it has coffee as one of the ingredients. We are sorry you didn’t appreciate as this is one of the most favorite flavor by our Customers .
Last, but not least, instead of promoting, on our profile, other location offering “the real gelato”, we suggest you to start, for them, a dedicated Trip Advisor profile. This would give other contributors the opportunity to comment on those location and to us a further challenge to improve our Gelato.

Best Regards

-9°GELATOITALIANO
Hong Kong, China
“It's the best you can get in the town but still it cannot beat the real Italian ice cream”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I've been going to this gelateria for years. I tried all their classic and new scoops, got it by scone and by kilo. It's definitely the most expensive (they won't serve you portion for 3-.fr like ALL other gelaterias do) and the smallest in quantity (somehow the new staff manages to always cut down on their standard 140 gr portion). I got upset with them many times, swore to never come back (it's really frustrating to watch them taking away your ice cream with that Swiss precision!) but, alas, I keep on coming back... Of course, once I am in Milan, I forget about them completely! But it's the best you can get in Lugano.... Guys, please make more often the scoop with ricotta di pecora and "after eight", and never run out of your gelato al pistacchio !!!!

• Visited July 2013