“Villa Sassa was perfect.”

Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Lugano
UK/Canada
“Villa Sassa was perfect.”
Reviewed 18 June 2007

I stayed at the Villa Sassa over a long weekend in May. I was looking for a nice place to chill out and have a relaxing weekend. I booked a "Junior/Lady suite" and so I was expecting a normal hotel room, perhaps with a couch. Instead I got this palatial, marble-strewn penthouse paradise with two balconies and a stunning view. I was so chilled you had to check me for a pulse.

The staff were friendly, even the ones who didn't speak English were very patient with my broken spanish and french and the two or three words I managed to pick up in Italian during my stay. The food was spectacular, the service impeccable and I cannot even get over the equipment in the gym; the machine gives you a smiley face every time you do a rep.

For me it was the perfect relaxing vacation, the one I was looking for. Villa Sassa far exceeded my expectations and I would go back again in a heartbeat and I can't stop telling my friends and family about both the beauty of Lugano and the amazing Villa Sassa where I stayed.

Thanks you Villa Sassa! You are worth every penny.

• Liked — Views, cleanliness, high-quality finishings, good service/privacy balance
  • Disliked — That I could not stay longer!
  • Stayed May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Travelicia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 June 2007

I wanted to visit the Fox Town shopping outlets in Mendrisio, and wanted to stay in Lugano. I also wanted to have a spa weekend. The Villa Sassa met all my requests and more!

The room was standard, but the largest standard (especially for a single) I had ever had. I didnt care too much for the decor in the rooms (think pastel floridian style and wicker) but it was clean and plenty of space. I brought my dog and it was pet friendly. They even allowed me to extend my check out until 14.00 so I could leave him in the room while I did spa treatments.

The grounds were very beautiful and park like, and there is a lot to do: the fitness center is very large, offering all sorts of classes and a gym. The spa had a huge menu of services, which I tried 3 or 4. The massage given by Daniele was probably the best I have had. And, they got the atmosphere right: relaxation room with tea to start and end, candles, decent music. My only disappointment with the spa was the first treatment, there was some confusion about what it included, and in the end, they gave me a discount on what I got.

I can also highly recommend the restaurant. It was not the easiest hotel to find, so after I got to the hotel, I for sure didn-t feel like driving offsite to find a place to eat. I was not disappointed. As I was dining alone, they found an excellent half bottle of wine to complement my dinner. If I were to stay again I would consider half-board options.

I was a little skeptical as this hotel did not have any recent reviews. I can highly recommend it - especially if you are looking for a nice get away weekend as I was!!

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank Service_Sommelier
miami
Reviewed 12 August 2006

great hotel...could look at the view from the grounds all day. incredible, sweeping views of lake lugano from the restaurant and front of hotel. rooms are very large, spotless, with terraces. bathrooms are huge. service very good. since it is also a residence, there's a whole underground area with shops, a hair salon, etc. i didnt get to do any of that but i did walk all over and this is a really really nice place. recommended highly

2 Thank cbspuches
Travellers also viewed these Lugano hotels
Lugano Dante Center Swiss Quality Hotel
Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso
The View Lugano
The View Lugano
#4 of 45 in Lugano

Been to Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa

Property: Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa
Address: via Tesserete 10, Lugano 6900, Switzerland
Region: Switzerland > Swiss Alps > Canton of Ticino > Lugano
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Spa Hotel in Lugano
#6 Luxury Hotel in Lugano
#6 Business Hotel in Lugano
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa 4.5*
On the hills overlooking Lugano, in a marvellous setting, yet just a few minutes walk from the centre of town, Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa****S is a an oasis of well-being. The hotel enjoays a breathtaking view of Lake Lugano, the city and the surrounding mountains and offers 49 rooms and suites and 71 serviced apartments, a Mediterranean restaurant and lounge bar, conference and banqueting facilities, and a 3,000 sqm Wellness Club and Spa. The very special light shining over Lugano and love of nature are unforgettable at Villa Sassa, the ideal resort to spend a day, a weekend or an entire week or more of pure relaxation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Sassa And Residence