“Friendly hotel in Lugano”

Albergo Stella Hotel
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Lugano
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here 2 nights. This small, family owned hotel is just up a little from the train station and the lakefront. No one was at the desk but they were readily available. And helped with the luggage-thank you! The breakfast was simple but fresh, nice choices and served in a bright, aerie room.It was raining while I was there so couldn't take advantage of the pool but it looked nice. My room was simply furnished and very clean. No problems with water pressure or availability of hot water-plenty of both! My room was facing the street so I could hear street noise with the window open. Couldn't hear anything with the window closed. I never heard any of the other guests either. The friendly and knowledgeable owner arranged for an early morning taxi ride to the airport. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 70catem
There are newer reviews for Albergo Stella Hotel

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We are lucky that we booked in this hotel,good location,near for everything,all good restaurant around and all activities just nearby,the room was fine,very clean and you will ashame to use their towels and beddings so white and clean,the Best breakfast we had and the important the owner was there and he was a nice guy,thanks Daniel
Tips: Don't hesitate to ask him for anything you wanna know,where to go and where to eat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ida Marie T
Reviewed 22 August 2013

What a great find. In what is often a very expensive country, this haven offers great value, service, delicious breakfasts and location. Plus a beautiful garden and pool - just a shame I was on business. A MUST but keep it quiet!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank chris_globetrotter60
Reviewed 8 August 2013

What a gem to reach the end of a long day's travel! -- Helpful knowledgeable staff and breakfast the best ever. -- Even a quiet seat by the pool for early morning reading. -- Two minutes walk from train station. -- We stayed just one night (in two rooms) and were refreshed to tackle the bus and boat to Bellagio, Italy the following morning.
Would definitely recommend Albergo Stella to friends. And stay there again if ever back in Lugano.
Thank you Daniel and Alexandra Hahne!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Birgitte10
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Nice hotel with a very friendly staff, located near the railway station and also the city center. Clean rooms with aircondition. The hotel has s a small pool on top where its fine to sit out to just relax or have something to drink.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank merete k
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here for only one night during my travels in Switzerland. With the recommendations of Rick Steves and TripAdvisor, I decided to go with this hotel. When I got to Lugano, I realized I had to walk up a little hill to get to this hotel. Being tired and frustrated, I got to the hotel and realized no ramp....I had to lug the bag up the stairs. Then I checked in and they did not have an elevator BUT....Daniel, the owner helped me carry the bag up to my room. The room was PERFECT! (And there really wasn't that many stairs...)
The room was clean and the bathroom was also. The room also had a balcony which was pretty big, overlooking the pool area. And not to mention, an AC unit! (I've included some photos)
The breakfast was good. The staff is extremely nice. And things were really clean here. It's in a very quiet area and not a far walk to the station.

I would definitely recommend my friends and others to this hotel. And if ever in Lugano again, this is where I would stay. Thank you Daniel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Maria D
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is a very nice and very friendly hotel in Lugano, within a very short walk from the main train station. The hotel is quite small, I think around 15 rooms, and it is family managed. You really get to enjoy the famous Swiss hospitaliy here. The rooms are very nice, clean and well equipped. Breakfast was really nice with good swiss cheese. The owner, Daniel, go out of his way to be helpful, and he gave me endless useful tips.

Room Tip: If you have plenty of luggage, ask for a room at a lower level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo