Hotel Lido Seegarten
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$207
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdirect access to the lakewalking distance from the centerswimming poolmonte brea lake view roommagnificent viewhot waterlake luganonice hotelnice poolhotel is locatedbreakfast buffetyogurtlakesideterracemountainsplugs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Inspite of some negative reviews, we drove by and since we were tired of driving in heavy traffic, we decided to check it out. It is one of only a few hotels to have a waterfront property, most are across the street from the lake. It was more expensive than we usually like, but it is Switzerland, and travel bargains are hard to find. We were travelling with our daughter, age 21, and needed space. They had a large corner room with a king and a twin (302), with two balconies overlooking the lake and mountains. Without a doubt it was the most beautiful view we ever had. The furniture was not elegant, but it was satisfactory. The room was very clean and quiet. The bathroom was clean and had all we needed. The floor was carpeted, the bathroom with marble tile. The cost for three with breakfast was 425 euros. Lake view doubles started at 320, mountain/street side doubles started at 260 euros. The euro at this time was $1.24 and falling. The desk was helpful, perhaps a bit formal by American standards, but ready to help. The breakfast was of high quality, scrambled eggs, ham, bacon, sausages, cheeses, fruit, yoghurt, juice, and pleanty of coffee. Parking was free, but the wireless internet cost 25 euros for a day. The fitness center was on the roof, and you could work out with a view that was out of this world.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank captainmcd
Reviewed 16 November 2009

This hotel has a wonderfull view of Lake Lugano, i recomended a lot

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I would never in my life recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.
I booked through tripadvisor at a nice rate for a room with myself and my daughter. The price was confirmed over the internet for two. When I got there they said they would be charging more - almost double the original amount booked over the internet because we were two people and not one. I asked to speak to the manager and was then told she was eating lunch but I could wait half an hour and she would tell me the same! THe parking for the hotel is also a total rip off - outside and in full sun and the gate does not even work properly.
I told them to keep their room and went across the road to Villa Castagnola - this is the most charming, beautiful hotel and I can so so recommend it for anything from children to the most romantic honeymoon getaway. The staff are magnificent and if you get a garden room it is 1000 times nicer and even cheaper than the Lido Seegarten hotel!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trio09
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We are lucky enough to be able to travel a all over the world and had a really bad experience with this Hotel. It has an absolutely wonderful view hence their price probably. When it comes to service , quality and particular attitude from the personal and in particular director, they are a real shame for Switzerland and in particular for the friendly Ticino. I m sure we will be finding other Hotels in Lugano who deserve their 4 stars. Luckily they are but an exception. Claudio

p.s do not expect any bathrobe, househoes, evening service, nor any electronic key for the garage ( particularly nice when it poors with rain you have but get out of the car to do the numbers..when and if it works...! hilarous ) but expect the omelette with your breakfast around 18chf ! when pointing those details out expect to be sent to a 5 star ...as only response by the owner..! I was expecting to see candid camera around the corner... !

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ClaudioGeneva
Reviewed 16 August 2008

The views of the lake are awesome, the pool is fine and the breakfast and service were fine, but that's about it. Maybe I am just not familiar with the Swiss star-rating system, but the room had linoleum (!!!) floors, dated and very flimsy and cheap bed and furniture. Not four star in any other country I have been to, more like two star. Hotel is mostly full of German and Swiss senior citizen couples or families.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple