“Great location for having nice latte”

Vanini Dolce e Caffe
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Lugano
Price range: US$1 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Great location for having nice latte
in nice weather among several cafes and restaurants
by lovely Piazza
i had short coffee break served by nice staff having very good service
makes me thinking of consider Caffe Vanini one of my favorites in Lugano

2  Thank bnghanem

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and I stopped by for a quick gelato stop here on Friday evening. A no frills gelato experience. Gelato flavors are clearly marked above the bar, including a few daily specials which are handwritten. A small cone is 5 CHF. My wife had the pistachio and I had the chocolate. Both flavors were to die for. The quality seemed to be top notch. Handy location right on the main square.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you are looking for a reasonably priced cold drink and snack whilst visiting Lugano this is the place. Situated towards the back of the main square, we were served by a charming young woman, who suggested the savoury crepe as an excellent light lunch, came filled with salad and chicken and frites, and hit the spot. The Service was quick, food was good and well priced, and the beer was cold and excellent. A very enjoyable light lunch/snack. Our near neighbours were all enjoying the coffee and ice cream. well worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We walked into this cafe and saw a running chocolate Tap and marshmallows and thought it would be a great place to have a hot chocolate. After sitting down and waiting 15 minutes to be served, our hot chocolate was then presented as a cup of luke warm milk and a packet of cocoa powder that you had to mix in. Not a jug of liquid chocolate like I thought we would get!! Tasted terrible too. Do not go here to eat or drink coffee.

1  Thank LW3110
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was the first time I was visiting a restaurant outside my country. I did not know about the food habits here and wanted to try out something new. Believe me I was not disappointed....Thanks to Paola who works here. She was very hospitable and welcoming. The lady even suggested a meal and it was awesome. We has some Gamberoni Al Cogn and Spagh Frutti..The food tasted great and the pricing was resonable. The atmosphere at the place was just great..and just loved the hospitality here. Wish everyone in the hospitality industry can be like this. Thanks Paola.