“Don't miss this!”

US$518.20*
and up
One-Day Glacier Express Tour with Private Guide
Reviewed 19 August 2014

OK - I'm terrified of heights, but my husband drove and I'm so glad we did this. The switchbacks are scary and exhilirating. The road is very good. Take a lot of time to travel this road - stop and check all the views. It's really incredible. There are plenty of places to stop and have a view / snack, but I suggest you pass all the tourist stops and head to the bottom to a little town called Gletsch where there is a lovely shop with coffee and pastry. You can't miss it. All delicious and not crowded. There are outside tables and a little steam train goes right through the town.

1  Thank BoomsMom
There are newer reviews for Furka Pass

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Driving on Furka Pass in July was incredibly beautiful and dramatic. The weather was not in our favor, since it was either raining or with thick clouds, but I still enjoyed the experience very much. Unfortunately it rained almost every day we were in Switzerland, but we made the most of it, and this pass was certainly a highlight for me.

We drove the Dolomite Mountain region in Italy previously, and I enjoyed Furka Pass much more.

On the way back, we had dinner in the area, and then had a long drive in the dark with rain. Grimsel and Furka Passes are VERY dangerous under those conditions, but my boyfriend handled it well, and with our GPS it was helpful to see the hairpin turns before we approached them, so with my aid in navigation prior to the turns, we made it through.

I would love to go back to experience it while the sun is shining.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My bus passed Furka to move from Zermatt to St. Moritz. It was amazing drive enjoying landscape. We dropped by Rhone glacier for a short break.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I find all Swiss passes exciting, and that includes the Furka Pass.We come to Switzerland about every 5 years, and the decline in the amount of ice on the Rhone glacier is very advanced and sad, but the views all around are just stunning. We were lucky this time and had brilliant weather and also saw a family of marmots.

1  Thank Michaela W
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The view on to the Rhone glacier is really great, also the drive is great fun. Obviously the glacier is not what it once was (there are pictures showing the enourmous retreat over the last two decades). The ice cave is worth a visit.