“Luxurious,Picturesque and Nearby Zermatt Bahnoff”
Review of Hotel Phoenix

Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #24 of 111 Hotels in Zermatt
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Hi. Zermatt itself is so beautiful and picturesque that all the hotels and BnB's automatically gets a good perception.
This however does not take anything away from Hotel Phoenix. Located 5 mins walk from Zermatt station but its uphill so if with a luggage can consider the electric car @ 5 Euros per person.
Breakfast was good.
The room which we got on 5th floor was outstanding with 2 balconies and with the view of Matterhorn.I used to sit for hours in the balcony adoring Mighty Matterhorn such is its beauty.
I got a free upgrade room with view as they say as i was on my honeymoon.

I highly recommend this modern setting called as Phoenix in an otherwise nature's gift known as Zermatt.

Cheers

Vivek

1  Thank Vivek V

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a breakfast only hotel which is fine in a town with a choice of restaurants. New and immaculate, easy walk to center of village. Comfy king bed, friendly staff. The hotel and rooms were even nicer than the photos on their site. Zermatt is a special place and Phoenix fits right in

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Phoenix Hotel was one of the best hotels I stayed at during a recent trip around Europe. The staff was very helpful when we arrived late in Zermatt and without booking in advanced the staff was very helpful to get us to our room quickly. The room was very clean and spacious. nothing to complain about! We decided to stay another night, and they gave us the suite for the price of a regular double room. If you are going to Zermatt I would recommend this hotel for everyone!

Room Tip: The suite was excellent ;)
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Phoenix hotel had been this year completely renewed. Wood, stone, every room with a balcony. Rooms are very nice. You can bring your own computer and receive ethernet wire. If not you get free wifi near the lobby with an fire chimney. Nice swiss breakfast buffet. Service is very good. The boss is a nice guy.

Room Tip: Ask to have one of the two round bow window with balcony that you can see on the picture and you wil...
1  Thank liulin
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was staying at Hotel Phoenix for 2 nights and had a fantastic time. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. The room we had was spacious, we even had our own balcony with views to the Matterhorn. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the shower. The breakfast was fantastic as well. I can definitely recommend this place to my friends and will come back again myself. Hopefully in winter for skiing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Joseph & Jessica were wondeful hosts, more than helpful and accomodating. They also cover your taxi ride to and from the train station which is great. The rooms are large, as are the bathrooms. The view from room 506 is phenomenal. By far the nicest place we stayed in Switzerland.

Room Tip: 506 has the best view of the Matterhorn and has 2 balconies
2  Thank axamer8
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed over at hotel Phoenix for 2 nights and I thought it was one of the best decision to have cancel another night in Zurich and spend in zermatt.

Hotel Phoenix is about 10 mins walk from the train station and Main Street. But it's because of its location that u get to enjoy peace and quietness among the beautiful scenery and feel totally relaxed here. I am thankful for a room that gives us a clear view of the Matterhorn from our balcony (room 401)

The rooms are clean and nice furnishings. Just that the pillows are a little flat. Everything we needed are in the room. But my room does not have a heater(unless it totally missed my hubby n my eyes) and bathtub. Nice to have a soaking warm bath when we returned though.

The staffs are friendly and helpful and gladly helped us hold our room for an extra night while we make our mind to spend an extra night or not. Gd spread for breakfast too. Nice lounge where u can enjoy the free wifi n get warmed up by the fireplace.

Will recommend u to stay. Probably minimum 3 nights. Zermatt is too lovely to spend less than 2 days... And with hotel Phoenix, it completes the experience. :)

• Stayed: June 2013