“Nice bar, Friendly staff, Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brown Cow Pub

Brown Cow Pub
Ranked #7 of 196 Restaurants in Zermatt
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Brown Cow Pub- The place where people meet and eat.Here in our rustic, informal Pub guests and locals, young and old mix in a typical Pub atmosphere.The range of drinks which comprises, among other specialities, 4 different beers on tap and 16 different local and international bottled beers as well as our choice of Pub snacks for the small or big appetite let even a bad-weather day fly by.Sport fans are also in the right place at the Brown Cow with our live sports transmissions. Please find the sports program with the link “Events at the Brown Cow” on the left side.Open:365 days a year: 9am to 2pmKitchen open from 9am to 10.30pm
Denver, CO
“Nice bar, Friendly staff, Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My dad and I came here for dinner one night while in Zermatt. Because Zermatt restaurants are SO expensive, this was the only place where we dined out. I'm giving it 5 stars because it seemed to be an excellent value compared with all of the other restaurants we took a look at.

We both had hamburgers, which were delicious. They were a good size, there was a lot of variety on the menu, and they were served with french fries. We sat at the bar to eat and ordered a couple of beers while watching World Cup. The place was packed, but it was a good atmosphere. Our bartender/server was friendly and spoke excelled English - she recommended some local brews for us to try.

If I'm ever in Zermatt again, I would definitely come back here.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
The Woodlands, Texas
“Nice pub, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a nice little pub with a warm atmosphere and very good food. We visited for a family dinner. Lots of burgers and beers to choose from, comes with a variety of choices of sides. The service was good, and the wait for a table after 8:00 was only 5 minutes. This is a good place to visit with families with teens or just adults.

I had the chicken burger with a half side of salad and half side of fries, the rest of the family had cheeseburgers. The side salad is extremely good, it comes with "French" dressing which is nothing like the reddish-orange French dressing I'm used to in the United States (which I don't like). Since my only option was French, I asked for it on the side. What they served was a yogurt-based white dressing that was delicious! I even used some of it on my chicken burger which was tasty but it was a little dry as I told them to hold the mayo - the yogurt dressing was a good fix for that. Everyone agreed the cheeseburgers were yummy.

The portions are large, and most of us didn't completely finish our meals, as it was just too much food (and we didn't have any appetizers) but the kids did opt to save room for dessert - they have about a half-dozen flavors of Ben & Jerry's ice cream on the menu.

Overall very good experience!

• Visited July 2014
Sugar Land, Texas
“Popular place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Really fun place to drink a bier and watch World Cup match. Great people watching if sitting at windows. Surprisingly good nachos.

Visited July 2014
Webster, Massachusetts
“Good burgers, generous sides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We happened upon this pub when we needed to eat early, and most restaurants weren't open yet. We thought 16 CHF was a lot to pay for a burger, but not by Swiss standards. My husband ordered a cheeseburger, and I a chicken burger, which was actually a grilled chicken breast. We were asked if we wanted fries, salad, or cole slaw, and I guess we could have asked for any or all, as my husband got salad with some fries thrown in, too, and when I asked for just cole slaw, I got about a quart, and we took some home. Very generous. Good place to sit and watch sports if you are so inclined.

Visited July 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Good value for Zermatt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We ate here on our first night in Zermatt and had great meals. The menu suited our two boys aged 10 & 12 and was good casual venue for families. It reminded us of an Australian pub. The service was excellent.

• Visited September 2013