Grand Hotel Zermatterhof
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Omnia(Zermatt)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshorse drawn carriageice roomski conciergeconcierge teamtrain stationglass ceilingfondue restaurantski roomwelcome drinkchurch bellsmiddle of townpiano playercheese fondueupgraded to a suiteturn down servicethe general managerbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Faultless hotel in all the aspects.
Everything is perfect here. I was lucky to be staying in one of the newly refurbished suites that was superb. Not all the rooms are refurbished at the moment, but it seems like they are all going to be soon.
There are 2 restaurants, a bar and an indoor smoking lounge.
The hotel has a very nice pool area with outdoor jacuzzi, and an excellent sauna/steam area. Only let down is the gym that should be arranged, but that's not why you go to zermatt. And also the mixed changed rooms, i don't want to be taking my clothes off in front of strange men...really those are the only let downs, not major ones.
The most amazing thing here is service and the people who work here. They are all extremely polite, kind, eager to please and most of all they smile and make you smile. Nothing is too much for them and they will make anything you want happen.
I have stayed at many 5 stars and more hotels and until now this is the only place where i really felt at home and 1000% satisfied with everything.
I loved it so much i already booked my ski week there for 2015, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dflawless1
rafael_biner, Manager at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member.
Thank you very much for your recent feedback. We appreciate your inputs. We are very happy to announce that during our closing time in April until the end of june 2014, we have renovated the rooms of the fourth floor. Also our fine Dining Prato Borni has been refurbished - by conserving the luxury and very impressing classic decor - a new kitchen has beeen added to the restaurant on the same floor. Our hotel has been awarded as number two of the most friendly Luxury Hotels in Switzerland.

We are very much motivated to continue our challenge. We wish you all the best and would be most pleased to welcome you again in not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The level of service in this hotel is exceptional. From the front desk, to the wait staff in the dining areas, to the bell services staff... all were helpful without hesitation. The room was clean, functional, very attractive. Although my room was a bit on the small side, it had every amenity you might want. Being in the center of the city was very convenient with everything within walking distance. We were shuttled from the train station to the hotel by their horse drawn carriage which was an excellent way to travel down the narrow streets of town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John C
rafael_biner, Manager at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member

We thank you very much for taking your time and to write about your positive experiences during your last stay at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof. It is our goal to render a most valuable stay to our guests - and we can read in your comment that we have succeeded. Since your last stay we renovated the entire fourth floor. Furthermore we have refurbished our Fine Dining Prato Borni and have added a new kitchen on the same level. It is our aim to fulfil our guests requirements. We have just been awarded among the 100 friendliest hotels in Switzerland. And we are more than grateful that the jury ranked us on place two in the category luxury hotels.
We would be most delighted to welcome you again. We wish you a nice summer and hope to see you in not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We visited the hotel on 20/03/14.

We were staying in another hotel in zermatt.I wanted somewhere special to celebrate my husbands birthday.I chose the zermatterhof on its reputation and 5 stars.
Although this doesn't always mean great service in all hotels of this standard
I walked into the hotel as a nonresident.
I was treated so well by the reception staff.
I explained I would like to organise a last minute/surprise party for my husbands Birthday.
I wanted champagne in the Star Bar,dinner in the Prato Borni Restaurant for 6 people and could they make a birthday cake?
No problem I was told even though I had given them 3hours notice!
When we arrived into the bar a table was reserved for our party.
The champagne was waiting and a selection of amazing canapés were also brought to us.
The pianist played Happy Birthday.
Dinner in the restaurant was amazing..
We had fabulous service wonderful wine and delicious food.
Of course a birthday cake and candles arrived!
I could have spent weeks organising the evening but the team at at the Hotel made it effortless.
It's amazing what can be achieved in a few hours.
We had a very memorable evening
A huge thank you to restaurant manager Stefan and his team.
Thanks must go to the proactive receptionist that I spoke to first for arranging everything.
I apologise for not remembering her name.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanne M
rafael_biner, Manager at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor-Member

Thank you for your positive feedback you have written on the occasion of your husband’s birthday that you celebrated at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof and for the fact, that you have chosen our location among all hotels&restaurants in Zermatt. We are proud and thankful for this. It is our aim and daily challenge to organise events and fulfil our guests requirements in a professional way. Therefor we can offer fantastic settings in different locations as our Stars-Bar, the Rudenbar. Right now we have contributed with the re-opening of the refurbished Fine Dining Prato Borni a high level gourmet-restaurant for all who love to enjoy excellent cuisine and service in a distinguished atmosphere.

We would be most pleased to welcome you again in not too distant future. Have a nice time and take care.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My parents and I stayed at the Zermatterhof for four nights and we had a fabulous time. The location is great - close to the station and in the centre of the resort. The staff are extremely attentive, friendly and a credit to the hotel. This factor alone would encourage me to return to the hotel as recently I have found that other five star hotels in Switzerland do not offer the same level of service where staff are concerned. The bar, restaurants and spa were all of the standard expected from a five star hotel. The only disappointing aspect was the lack of control in the pool area where small children were allowed to jump into the hot tub and generally spoil the enjoyment of other guests. Of course we understand that the children are the responsibility of the parents, and in the end we dealt with the matter directly, however it would have been helpful to have more input from the hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend one of the refurbished rooms at the front of the hotel with a view of the matterhorn.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JanineBly

We thank you very much for taking your time writing about your experiences during your last stay at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof.

Especially your positive feedback of the outstanding service attitude of the Zermatterhof staff encourages us to continue on this path. It is our goal to render a most valuable stay to our guests - and we can read in your comment that we have succeeded. We understand your disappointment when children were jumping into the pool despite the interdiction. We will ensure, that our existing rules will be communicated with better attention and enforced by our staff and manager on duty. Since your last stay we renovated the entire fourth floor. Furthermore we have refurbished our Fine Dining Prato Borni and have added a new kitchen on the same level. It is our aim to fulfil our guests’ requirements. We have just been awarded among the 100 friendliest hotels in Switzerland. And we are more than grateful that the jury ranked us on place two in the category luxury hotels.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I recently returned from a fabulous stay at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof. It is an amazing alpine property with several excellent restaurant choices, breakfast fit for a king (get the banana pancake and crepes!), impeccable service, and excellent spa facilities. I loved the central location. The staff were always friendly and more than willing to help and go out of their way for us. The service was attentive but not intrusive. I liked the fact that soft drinks and water were provided and the Virtuoso amenities really add a nice touch. My room with a view of the Matterhorn was one of my favorite things about waking up each morning. If you are looking for the perfect Zermatt experience, a stay at Zermatterhof will not disappoint and will exceed expectations. I will be back again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but if you can get a room with a view of the Matterhorn, do it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan Butler C
rafael_biner, Manager at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor-Member

We thank you very much for taking your time and to write about your positive experiences during your last stay at the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof. It is our goal to render a most valuable stay to our guests - and we can read in your comment that we have succeeded. Since your last stay we renovated the entire fourth floor. Furthermore we have refurbished our Fine Dining Prato Borni and have added a new kitchen on the same level. It is our aim to fulfil our guests’ requirements. We have just been awarded among the 100 friendliest hotels in Switzerland. And we are more than grateful that the jury ranked us on place two in the category luxury hotels.