“A little daunting safety levels”
Review of Forest Fun Park

Forest Fun Park
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Zermatt
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Forest Fun Park promises a thrilling adventure for the whole family. Various circuits lead through the treetops, via bridges, ropes and zip wires. The Forest Fun Park promises adventure and fun for guests of all ages. Secured with safety cables, thrill-seekers walk, swing and climb from tree to tree. Zip wires, suspension footbridges and other challenges of various levels of difficulty guarantee a rush of adrenaline. The activity takes place in the treetops close to the valley station of Matterhorn glacier paradise, with views of the Matterhorn. •Continuous belay safety system throughout the courses (impossible to unclip) •Circuits with different levels of difficulty •350-metre circuit for children from age 4 •95 bridges •31 zip lines
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This adventure park is average in general, the safety and security seem daunting and it's very extreme. Only come here if you have zip lining experience and are never daunted and love long obstacles.

1  Thank Henry R
Jacques3920, Directeur général at Forest Fun Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Customer,
I thank you very much for your comment. We try our best to accomplish with the maximum satisfaction of our customer. We are very happy that our effort received such a good impression. We wish you all the best and an excellent continuation.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Okay area, very set apart from main town. Good service, but scary for kids (kind of) and looks unsafe (kind of is). If I came back I probably wouldn't come.

2  Thank Henry R

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Our kids spent 2-3 hours on the ropes trail, and came home gleeful and a little muddy! Much better for them than touring. They have graded levels, and loads of zip lines.

2  Thank LouinZurich

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were travelling in Switzerland with our teenage (and slightly older) children as well as our parents. The kids said they would like to do ziplines in the mountains and our web search showed us the Forest Fun Park, at the south end of Zermatt. When we arrived (with my elderly parents along to watch) we had a great view of the Matterhorn, which is not really obvious from the town. The park was as advertised on their website. The hosts, who spoke very good English and French (and German), were welcoming and very organized. During a 15 minute training session they strapped on our harnesses and safety gear and proceeded to explain how the self-guided tour works. I was a bit sceptical at first; participants link their cable guides onto the safety cables and move through the obstacles and ziplines at their own pace without an attendant. However, the system is simple and we got accustomed to linking ourselves onto the path. I quickly became convinced that the system was safe. I found it very interesting from a technical and planning task. It is certainly necessary to do the Green trail first, so that you get used to manipulating the guide system. The red trail is a bit harder with many obstacles. The Blue trail is mainly fairly long ziplines, and quite easy (assuming one is not afraid of heights). We finally did the Black trail. The website uses the word "bridges" to describe the obstacles. I suppose they are that, but only in the loosest sense; some, like the hanging tires in the black trail, are really hard (especially for a middle age man, like me, whose arm strength to weight ratio is not ideal). Nevertheless, my wife and I as well as most of the kids got through. Overall had a great time for 2 hours (3 full hours might have done me in) and felt that I got my upper body exercise on a trip otherwise dedicated to walking. One word of caution concerns the setup of the path. Once you are linked in there are few exit points so make sure you are up to the challenge. Also, you cannot pass people so if you go with a group best to send the faster more agile members first. As for the people who decide only to watch or quit early, the snack / coffee shop is fine and the sitting area is good (with a great view).

6  Thank MarcDelBigio

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I visited Zermatt with our three boys and were put off by the crazy prices to go on the Gornegratt railway or go up on the cable car (£60-£80 per head) so we walked through Zermatt looking for something interesting to do away from the hordes of touriss and eventually came across the Forest Fun Park. My 11 year old son loves climbing so he was very excited to find it. My other two boys are 5 and we weren't sure if they'd be able to take part. The place turned out to be brilliant and we ended up staying for about three hours. My 11 year old progressed through and did everything but the hardest course. Pretty challenging and very high. Some of the zip wires were awesome, very very high and very long even going over the river. The smaller boys had a much lower course to go on that took half an hour to go round, the great thing was they could all go again and again until they got bored. Well done Forest Fun Park, we'll be back !

6  Thank Adam B