“5* food, friendly service, a great, and very comfortable value.”
Review of Hotel Parnass

and 1 more site!
Hotel Parnass
Ranked #30 of 111 Hotels in Zermatt
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Still one of our favorites. Convenient location, yet away from the crowds. The personal service and delicious 5 course half board make it a real find. Rooms are simple, but comfortable and the Matterhorn views are perfect!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank PrProPa

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Hotel Parnass was extremely comfortable and clean. I love the fact that the view was superb - the balcony of room faces the matterhorn - what more can we ask for? :) However, there is definitely a price to pay for this. I wouldn't recommend this place if you're on a budget, but if you're willing to pay, this place is definitely worth it. The location is great - walking distance to the train station, to the supermarket, and the tram up gornegrat and sunnega. I love how small zermatt is, such that it's almost walking distance to anywhere. The owner of this hotel is very friendly - she tries her best to speak english to us and I appreciate it. The view of the Matterhorn from the breakfast room was great as well. The bathrooms are clean, and I guess I was lucky when i was there in June 2013 because they just finished renovations. Zermatt was the first stop of my europe trip and this wonderful hotel made my holidays a great start!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leila V
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at $200 SWF per night and it was worth it. We had very relaxing sleep with no noise and we had a full view of the Matterhorn. Breakfast is included and the staff was friendly. Shuttle to and from train stations is $5 FR per person but not required because it is a short walk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mac-n-Chez
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family stayed here for two nights. One of our rooms was the new apartment which had two bedrooms, a large, long bathroom, entry hallway, living/dining room with dining table and small kitchen. The apartment was new and clean, great for a family. The appliances were all brand new and there is plenty of closet space in all of the rooms. Supermarket not far away for food and drinks since everything in Zermatt is expensive. Beds were comfortable and bedroom windows had rolling shudders (rolladen) to keep rooms dark if you desire. The owner and staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The apartment also has two balconies, one on the side and one on the front of the hotel. Both balconies have gorgeous views of the Matterhorn. I would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend Hotel Parnass, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel5Novato
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Our family had a very comfortable stay for 1 night. Breakfast was adequate and we had a personalized service by a very friendly owner who made sure we had everything we needed. Location was great, about 5-10 min slow walk from the banhof. Hotel rate is pricey but so is everywhere else in Swiss. Would definitely stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed 3 nights. When we arrived at the station of Zermatt, it was around 11:00. I called from the panel in the station, and asked to pick us up. I know it's a bit early to check in but the receptionist (the daughter of the owner) welcomed me and asked to give them 5 minutes. Precise 5 minutes later an electric van came to the station. Good first impression! The room was cozy and had sufficient space and, on top of that, had a great view of Matterhorn. I and my wife enjoyed hiking as well as the nice three-night dinners. The location is very convenient to the station and rope-ways. We fully enjoyed morning Matterhorn from the terrace of the room as we set the morning alarm at 6:00am. That was just gorgeous.

Room Tip: Room with Matterhorn view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel Parnass was one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed in. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the view from our balcony looking at The Matterhorn was incredible. Theresia, the owner, was a wonderful hostess. Her staff, which included Agnes, Simone, and Brirgitte, were so nice to us. And the meals. Wow, I can't say enough about the great food we had each day. Just the presentation alone made you want to try everything. A unforgettable week in Zermatt. Thank you Theresia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends