I have been going to Zermatt since 1971 when I first arrived to work there for a year and I have been coming back almost every year since, even when I lived in Whistler for ten years. This year I hope to go twice for skiing, once in May for ski touring and again in August to climb with my good friend Franz.
The Schonegg is a magical place. The new hotel replaced the original Schonegg which was at one time the only building in this whole area of Zermatt so the family back then was able to pick the first and best view location in the village. I don't know of any hotel that has all of the things that you need for a perfect stay.
1) Four Star (shoud be Five but as a four it attracts fewer of the "stuffy" older crowd".
2) A mid size, family run hotel that will give you the best personalized service you have ever had.
3) Owners that grew up in Zermatt so they can give you the best advice possible on where to go and when to get the best skiing, shopping, dining and hiking.
3) Gourmet dining with a fantastic breakfast selection.
4) Great spa.
5) A wonderful vibrant bar for after ski, before and after dinner.
6) A quiet library lounge with fireplace.
2) Ski right to the front door at the end of the day.
3) Two minute walk to the Sunnegabahn base (the best starting point to be close to)
4) Five minute walk to the main street, Gornergrat train station and main train station.
5) Sixty meters above the town ( Go to the main Zermatt web site to see the (Ober-
häusern web cam - this is the view from the hotel front deck)
6) An unobstructed view out over the town that is the best in Zermatt, with the best Matterhorn angle.
7) A private elevator and tunnel that take you up 60 meters to the hotel lobby from village level.
8) Well appointed and spotlessly clean rooms with a choice of traditional design in the main hotel, modern design in the new wing.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Chalet Hotel Schoenegg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Zermatt