Arranged a trip over New Years Eve for 3 days in Zermatt. Hotel staff very accommodating for any special request. On arrival from train station, you contact the hotel from the central phone and they come and pick you up in an electric car, only about 10 minutes wait. They also arrange to return you back. We arrived early in the morning, so they held luggage and then was in the room when we checked back later.
Location is a bit on the far end of Zermatt (about 15-20 minutes walk to city centre), but only a 5 minute walk to the ideal ski lift up to Klein Matterhorn. Hotel web-site gives directions to nearest ski rental location.
Hotel food was very good, although a couple of things not to my personal liking but cooked very well. We had half-board arrangements, so breakfast/dinner was included each day. New Years Eve dinner was an additional add-on surcharge, but started as early as 7pm and continued to 11:30pm, including lobster, sushi, chateaubriand/roast beef, and a whole slew of other courses. Desserts were tasty but light after usually heavy meals. Breakfast was standard savory German-speaking country fare: various breads, cheeses, hams/salamis, with scrambled eggs and not-so-crispy bacon. No sweet rolls/croissants, but I'm familiar with this. Good selection of wines, including some local Swiss white/red wines (Johannisberg white and another pinot noir selection were nice light options for a late meal).
Hotel room was reasonable size, small bathroom with shower, but sink/prep area was in the main area of the room. Hotel provided comfy duvets, thick to handle any cold air, but the room temperature was very toasty so little need for the thick duvet. Hotel just recently added a wellness/sauna area in December (open daily 3pm-8pm)....it is a 10-step walk from the front door to an elevator to take you down to the entrance. Usage is free to all hotel guests, but add-ons charge for massages and other treatments. Sauna area has whirlpool (lukewarm, not hot, but still good), dry sauna, bio-sauna, wet sauna, feet whirlpool, showers, and "cold water" dump area (for an invigorating eye-opening experience after getting all warmed up). Area was very clean and nice-looking but off-limits for children as it is co-ed and clothing-optional (most users were naked).
Hotel staff are extremely friendly, very accommodating and able to answer any question. They worked with me to arrange a taxi service from hotel down to Visp, as we had to catch a 6am train for Geneva before the public trains started at 7am. Checkout is night before you leave and no issues with the final bill.
A very good location and a great host for a stay over the New Year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer in Hemizeus a very nice Matterhorn view, comfortable rooms and apartments. Restaurant with a la carte dishes and half-board. Sport offers; skiing (ski in and out), biking, hiking. Relaxation in the 250m2 Wellness with 2 saunas, 1 steam bath, jacuzzi, relaxroom. Do you want your kids in the holiday not to miss the comfort of a hotel, but still have a clean slate in your personal daily planning and have a private area for your family? Then, you choose one of our apartments and enjoy both: comfort, hotel service and family privacy in your "own" four walls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Hemizeus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apparthotel Hemizeus Zermatt
- Apparthotel Hemizeus Hotel Zermatt