Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews kids club train station outdoor pool wonderful spa half board a family run hotel spacious room breakfast and dinner ski holiday stayed nights perfect view sauna babysitting matterhorn plush winter furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2018

My title says it all, well, except for there being excellent service too. Our room was more like a small apartment than a hotel room and had a direct view of the Matterhorn from the balcony. The breakfast included delicious local cheese, several types of bread, buns and croissant, eggs to order, meats, smoked salmon, fruit and more. The pool/spa area was quite impressive with two hot tubs, a lounge area, massage area and an indoor/outdoor pool with a variety of jets along the edge to enjoy. And, as one would expect, it was all immaculately clean. My wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay a Hotel La Ginabelle.

Date of stay: August 2018
Fam_Abgottspon, Inhaber at Resort La Ginabelle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Guests

Thank you for your kind words about your stay in the Hotel La Giabelle.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed our breakfast and our wellness area.
The cleanliness of our hotel is really important for us and it belongs to our standard.

We hope, that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and remain with.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Located just outside the busiest area in Zermatt but still only a 10 minute walk to the main train station, La Ginabelle is an old school independent hotel that had benefitted from some really obvious refurbishment. The room was comfortable and charming. The bathroom was spacious and adequate. I had a junior suite with a balcony commanding a partial Matterhorn view, which I think was worth the premium they charged for.

There was a very decent restaurant in the hotel where I had my dinner on the evening of arrival. There was also a very elaborate spa with family and adult-only areas separated. The jacuzzi tubs and various wet and dry rooms were all top class. On my last day I had a massage there to rub off all the sores and aches from hiking and it was truly amazing.

I would not hesitate staying at La Ginabelle again.

Date of stay: August 2018

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing the nice picture with us on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the food, the massage and your room with the view.

We hope to welcome you back to Zermatt very soon for another truly memorable stay.

Kind regards,

Hotel La Ginabelle

Reviewed 22 August 2018

One of the worst experiences in Switzerland.
We had booked Hotel La Ginabelle after a lot of research for our honeymoon in Zermatt. Upon reaching the hotel we were told that they would not be able to give us the room as some guest had damaged the room. They did not even let us see the room when we asked for the same nor could they accommodate us in any other room at the hotel.
The hotel however arranged for us to be sent to a run down and old hotel for which we were not reimbursed a single penny. Its not just the hotel but the staffs at the reception were extremely rude too.
I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank priya_legalgeekery
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We had a fantastic room (#202) with a perfect view of the Matterhorn. We were traveling with our two boys and the hotel really catered to children. We loved the family spa and the pool was a big hit with our boys. All meals were delicious and the service was exceptional.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear Guest

It’s a pleasure to read this kind words about your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Kind regrds,

Hotel La Ginabelle

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Those place looks great from the outside and is beautifully decorated from the inside as well. The breakfast was amazing with a good spread of cheeses and meats, yoghurt and fruit in a comfortable dining area.

My gripe is that I got placed in a 2 Star room in the hotel. It has a two twin beds pushed together as a “queen”, but that doesn’t seem to be too abnormal in Europe (although a “4star” hotel really shouldn’t have this). And the worst was that my room was basically subterranean. My “mountain view” was looking up at the lawn and a lawnmower outside my window. Nice hotels can alway have rooms that aren’t as nice, but really no nice hotel should put a room basically in the basement. I did ask for another room, but was declined. Avoid rooms 107 or 108.

Would not stay here again unless I was guaranteed another room.

Date of stay: July 2018