“Really really good!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Zermatt
Wallhalben
“Really really good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Perfect place to stay. Rooms are all very nice indeed, the ones with mountain view are amazing, postcard perfect. Short walk from train, town and ski lift. Hotel picked up our luggage to include ski gear Nd took directly to the hotel. Ski storage included! Good food as well served in the restaurant at dinner. The breakfast buffet is WAY better than most. We plan to return same time next year at this hotel. Big ratings for a Great place.

Room Tip: The matterhorn side is amazing, really it is!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My daughter and I had such a great time here. They go the extra mile to help you!!! They called the ski instructors ahead of time for us and double checked we had our skiis rented, etc. What a blessing coming from Minnesota to Zermatt.

We enjoyed our stay sooo much. The Perrens who own the hotel made you feel like you were at home. The food was great. The people who work there were so HELPFUL all the time....night and day!!
Thank you Perrens and Jelka !!!
Nelsons

Room Tip: great hot tub, sauna and steam room after a day of skiing
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed in a single room for a weekend of rather intensive skiing. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the train station, as Zermatt is "car free" and the hotel is a short walk from the station. No way I could've walked there with all my skiing gear and clothes in tow. The location is great: you can walk to the main street in no time but the hotel itself is in a more quiet part on the village. You're also only a short walk to the shuttle bus that gets you to the ski lifts. I was made to fell very welcome upon arrival, and I felt the staff went out of their way to be friendly, maybe because I was travelling alone.

The room was small, a real single room, but light and airy with a roof window and just enough storage space for my stuff. Warm and well appointed bathroom with a tub, which felt quite luxurious after a day skiing. Not so sure about whether I liked or not having a scale at my disposal, skiing in the Alps may involve eating a faire amount of melting cheese... Everything was spotless, and the sheets were white and crispy like I love them.

Breakfast was ok, nothing exceptional, but it was filling and everything was fresh. The ski room is rather small, I guess it could get uncomfortable at times, but possibly I was earlier than everyone else because I didn't experience any rush. I had dinner at the hotel once, the food is excellent, and again the service was extremely courteous. As a solo diner you sometimes get overlooked (and parked far far away by the kitchen door), not so this time. The other night I ate in the village; key point about Zermatt, the food can be great, but it's and expensive place to be.

The day I left I went skiing for the entire day, leaving ḿy luggage at the reception. When I came to pick it up I was offered the use of the wellness area to take a shower, relax and refresh before the train back. I was a bit late (too much skiing) so I only used the shower, but the facilities were inviting and clean. Remember though that this is a smaller hotel, there is no pool and the wellness area is not huge.

Overall I would warmly recommend this hotel. I'll be back in Zermatt this winter but will not stay there though, as it was already fully booked for the dates my family and I can travel. Well, well, better luck next time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

If your idea of a perfect hotel is small, meticulously clean, family-run with exceptional service and modern, beautiful furnishings, do not look any further. We just came back from Switzerland and our best memory was waking up in our hotel room and seeing the majestic Matterhorn from our bed. We had a beautiful queen bed room with very high ceilings on the top floor with a lovely and quite a large balcony. The bedding, furniture and bathroom were all top quality. Loved the little touches like luxury bathrobes, slippers and both a bathtub and shower in the bathroom. The breakfast was over the top - anything you could ask for, including eggs done your way. The coffee was excellent and one morning there was smoked salmon among all the delicious food! The spa area is a perfect place to be after a long day of skiing or hiking. They have thought of everything to make your visit perfect. It does close at 9pm so get there early. Bernard and his wife are happy to help you with any questions you have. They are a lovely couple that are perfectly suited for running a successful hotel. You will not be disappointed. I should add that the location is perfect. Away from the main street but not too high up the hill so the walking is easy. It is located between the train station and the cable car station so all you have to do is decide which direction to head each morning! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Definitely splurge and get the Matterhorn view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We selected this hotel for our family (4) based on tripadvisor reviews, and could not have been any happier. This is a family owned hotel that was totally gutted and renovated in 2010. It was just fantastic....small, friendly, great location (we walked from the train station), and all the amenities. We had a view of the Matterhorn from our room. We booked the family suite with a king bed, sitting room (somewhat divided by a short wall with a big screen TV that blocked the bedroom "area") and a separate room with bunk beds. We had french doors opening to a deck with chairs and a beautiful view. A full breakfast was included and the little known secret is that you can go down to the lower level and do a quick load of laundry. I did and then headed up for breakfast. To my surprise, the sweet woman down there (who spoke no English) not only folded all our laundry, she quietly delivered it up to our room. All the little touches were perfect. We wanted fondue and they recommended a restaurant where we had a fabulous night sitting and talking over beef and cheese fondues. The innkeeper was very helpful in guiding us on options for the Matterhorn. I want to go back! This was one of the best small Inn experiences we have had.

Room Tip: Ask for the Family Suite (we had 201) if there a King plus two bunks works for you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ec1234
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have stayed at the Hotel Aristella swissflair two different times and both times were excellent. The hotel is cozy and comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. A recent renovation makes the hotel modern and very nice, and the location is perfect as well.
I really cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and its owners. They do everything possible to ensure a wonderful stay. Of course, the lovely location of Zermatt helps too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Paderno Dugnano, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We spent a wonderful weekend in Zermatt. In Zermatt cars can not circulate, so the hotel provides a shuttle service with an electric car.
Clean, comfortable hotel with good facilities near the center. If I'll come back to zermatt sure I will choose this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple