“Great hotel! We are repeat customers”

Hotel Aristella swissflair
Ranked #34 of 111 Hotels in Zermatt
Reviewed 4 February 2014

While we live in Chamonix and have been coming to Zermatt for over 40 years we have recently stayed here the past couple times. The people are truly nice and are representative of the OLD Zermatt hospitality we come for. They are kind and unpretentious. With soooo many new places here(a real shame as the ambiance of the village has been compromised) the hotel is in a wonderful location and run by truly nice people. You feel welcome and not an artificial welcome.
The hotel is very clean, modern yet quaint and welcoming. After having stayed at many different hotels here, I heartily recommend the aristella.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aristella swissflair

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great, newly renovated hotel. Very happy with our stay, helped by great snow conditions. Rooms are a good size. Had a few minor problems with our sink due to slightly complex design of the integrated plunger, but rest of hotel more than made up for it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My first stay at Aristella goes back to March of 2012. This hotel was initially recommended by my cousin who stayed here in the summer of 2011.
The first time I stayed here I was so impressed with the service, the amenities and the food that I came back three times in the winter of 2012/2013 with my wife and friends, and again this past weekend with two other friends. I have never recommended any other given location so enthusiastically in the past and I have to say that everyone who accompanies me just loves this cute little sanctuary of wellbeing. Katja & Bernard Perren and their staff are the best hosts you can imagine: they always go the extra mile in order to make you feel welcome and comfortable in this immaculate hotel with one of the best interior designs that I have ever witnessed.
PS: I typically stay in various hotels all over the world more than 80 nights per year and you can therefore trust my judgment. Fabian

Room Tip: Room 101 (junior suite) is really amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrFabs
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Perfect place to stay. Rooms are all very nice indeed, the ones with mountain view are amazing, postcard perfect. Short walk from train, town and ski lift. Hotel picked up our luggage to include ski gear Nd took directly to the hotel. Ski storage included! Good food as well served in the restaurant at dinner. The breakfast buffet is WAY better than most. We plan to return same time next year at this hotel. Big ratings for a Great place.

Room Tip: The matterhorn side is amazing, really it is!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My daughter and I had such a great time here. They go the extra mile to help you!!! They called the ski instructors ahead of time for us and double checked we had our skiis rented, etc. What a blessing coming from Minnesota to Zermatt.

We enjoyed our stay sooo much. The Perrens who own the hotel made you feel like you were at home. The food was great. The people who work there were so HELPFUL all the time....night and day!!
Thank you Perrens and Jelka !!!
Nelsons

Room Tip: great hot tub, sauna and steam room after a day of skiing
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed in a single room for a weekend of rather intensive skiing. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the train station, as Zermatt is "car free" and the hotel is a short walk from the station. No way I could've walked there with all my skiing gear and clothes in tow. The location is great: you can walk to the main street in no time but the hotel itself is in a more quiet part on the village. You're also only a short walk to the shuttle bus that gets you to the ski lifts. I was made to fell very welcome upon arrival, and I felt the staff went out of their way to be friendly, maybe because I was travelling alone.

The room was small, a real single room, but light and airy with a roof window and just enough storage space for my stuff. Warm and well appointed bathroom with a tub, which felt quite luxurious after a day skiing. Not so sure about whether I liked or not having a scale at my disposal, skiing in the Alps may involve eating a faire amount of melting cheese... Everything was spotless, and the sheets were white and crispy like I love them.

Breakfast was ok, nothing exceptional, but it was filling and everything was fresh. The ski room is rather small, I guess it could get uncomfortable at times, but possibly I was earlier than everyone else because I didn't experience any rush. I had dinner at the hotel once, the food is excellent, and again the service was extremely courteous. As a solo diner you sometimes get overlooked (and parked far far away by the kitchen door), not so this time. The other night I ate in the village; key point about Zermatt, the food can be great, but it's and expensive place to be.

The day I left I went skiing for the entire day, leaving ḿy luggage at the reception. When I came to pick it up I was offered the use of the wellness area to take a shower, relax and refresh before the train back. I was a bit late (too much skiing) so I only used the shower, but the facilities were inviting and clean. Remember though that this is a smaller hotel, there is no pool and the wellness area is not huge.

Overall I would warmly recommend this hotel. I'll be back in Zermatt this winter but will not stay there though, as it was already fully booked for the dates my family and I can travel. Well, well, better luck next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

If your idea of a perfect hotel is small, meticulously clean, family-run with exceptional service and modern, beautiful furnishings, do not look any further. We just came back from Switzerland and our best memory was waking up in our hotel room and seeing the majestic Matterhorn from our bed. We had a beautiful queen bed room with very high ceilings on the top floor with a lovely and quite a large balcony. The bedding, furniture and bathroom were all top quality. Loved the little touches like luxury bathrobes, slippers and both a bathtub and shower in the bathroom. The breakfast was over the top - anything you could ask for, including eggs done your way. The coffee was excellent and one morning there was smoked salmon among all the delicious food! The spa area is a perfect place to be after a long day of skiing or hiking. They have thought of everything to make your visit perfect. It does close at 9pm so get there early. Bernard and his wife are happy to help you with any questions you have. They are a lovely couple that are perfectly suited for running a successful hotel. You will not be disappointed. I should add that the location is perfect. Away from the main street but not too high up the hill so the walking is easy. It is located between the train station and the cable car station so all you have to do is decide which direction to head each morning! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Definitely splurge and get the Matterhorn view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple