Hotel Cima Garni
US$112
US$272
US$265
  • Breakfast included
Le Petit CHARME-INN(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
Hotels.com
US$245
US$228
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Butterfly(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$169
Agoda.com
US$423
  • Restaurant
Hotel Continental Zermatt(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$163
Orbitz.com
Hotel Antares(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommon areaszermatt stationexcellent locationhotel is locatedthe main streetwifinoisetrainmatterhornviewbalconymountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We came at low season, and the owner won us over with his charm -- we had a comfortable, if basic, room with a view of the Matterhorn. No breakfast (because they were closing down for a few weeks) Very convenient from the train, the supermarket, and the rest of the town. Quite affordable as well (for Zermatt).

No wireless, old house -- but really, exactly what you want if you're trying to get away for a while!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fengjun
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The location, a little off the beaten path, was excellent- quiet and close to the train station and the COOP grocery. Our room had a small balcony from which we could take in a stunning view of the Matterhorn. The rooms we had were ample in size, but everything creaked: the floors, the doors, the beds- and the beds were uncomfortable. Staff was pleasant and friendly, though unlike other travelers' experiences, we never asked them for anything even slightly out of the ordinary. Breakfast was one of the best we had on our 3 week trip. Of minor inconvenience, we could not connect to the WIFI in our room and had to go to the lobby to use it. All in all, we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We had a similar experience to the other reviewer when making booking changes and getting an irate email. However when we arrived in Zermatt and met Mr Silvano, we understood. It seems to us that he’s still coming to terms with the computer age but other than that, he came across as a very nice friendly person. Our stay was very pleasant. We could see the Matterhorn from our bed. The view is stunning at dawn as the red tinge comes over the Matterhorn peak. Our room was comfortable. The breakfast spread was quite good. The central location is most convenient. The wifi speeds were pretty good. Only issue was no bathtub/shower curtains so we had to be careful not to get the bathroom floor all wet. Overall, we would definitely recommend B&B Cima!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the Matterhorn
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Excellent location: close enough to everything in Zermatt, at the same time a bit off the crowded roads. Most rooms have a view of the Matterhorn. The breakfast spread was fantastic for a hotel of this price range. Staff was friendly, we could use the TV room and bathroom facilities even after checkout.

The bathroom/toilet was a bit cramped and diid not have a wash basin (though there was one in the room itself).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view of Matterhorn. The colours reflected on the peak during dawn is fabulous.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2012

When I initially read the tripadvisor reviews, I wondered how so many people could be completely divided on the owner of this hotel. Half of the people say he is friendly and helpful, and half say he is rude, hangs up the phone and threatens to cancel reservations. It makes sense now because with me, he was both! Initially, he was very friendly and accommodating about adding people to our group when he had other cancellations. We were a group of 13. Then I made a name change on booking.com, and he flew off the handle and sent me a nasty e-mail threatening to cancel my entire booking. I called him, thinking maybe he had not understood that it was merely a name change. He yelled at me on the phone, told me he would THINK about whether or not he was going to cancel my booking, and then he hung up on me. I saved him the time and cancelled my booking because there is absolutely no way I will bring my business to a place that is owned by a person who treats his customers this way. So, I cannot comment on the aesthetics and comfort of the hotel but what I can say is that when you book this hotel, you take a risk that the owner will randomly cancel your reservation if he gets agitated. I would never try to book here again, no matter how cheap the price. I've stayed in numerous other hotels in Zermatt - 5 star, 3 star, 2 star! There are other deals to be found in Zermatt from GENUINELY friendly and helpful people.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends