“Middle of the road”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had a perfectly decent supper at this average Swiss traditional restaurant. The staff was correct and courteous and the food was good, but it was nothing to write home about.

1  Thank Stockholmer_67

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very nice fondue place. Very touristic atmosphere but the service is nice and fast. Free Wi-Fi. Truffle fondue and bourguignonne fondue were very delicious. Also fondue chinoise :)
reservation before you go otherwise you may end up sitting next to the restrooms

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I walked through town trying to find a place to eT that had character. A sign on the Main Street directed me down a side street to the Swiss Chalet. If it were not for the sign I would not have found it.

The restaurant was charming with old tools hanging on the weathered wood interior. I felt like I was sitting in a small chalet.

This was my first time eating fondue and the server was very helpful in explaining the proper process. The menu identified a requirement for two to eat fondue. The server said I could order a single serving so that was nice.

I drank the Swiss beer Cardinal and sampled the local pinot noir, stay with the beer...

The food was very good and enjoyed the fondue experience, and the atmosphere.

Tip for those traveling alone the fondue keeps you occupied while you are eating making dining alone a bit more enjoyable.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I went here to have cheese fondue and was glad that I did. The staff was super friendly and the fondue was good. I went solo and was hoping that as a woman it wouldn't feel too weird but it was totally fine. Amazingly I was in there
for about an hour for a mixed salad and the cheese fondue. Usually in Switzerland everything takes forever when you go out to eat so I was very happy with the fast service.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The restaurant is cozy, typical mountain decoration and style but we had the worst cheese fondue ever never mind it costs 26 CHF (21 EUR) per person. The fondue was made with so much kirsch (type of brandy) that you cannot taste the cheese, probably this was done in order not to taste the corn flour they put in it,

1  Thank BogomilSeizov