“Unforgettable alpine fishing”
Review of Fly Fish Zermatt

Fly Fish Zermatt
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly fishing is a hugely popular sport worldwide, however Alpine fishing has always been a relatively inaccessible activity. That is until now...No matter if you're a beginner or a seasoned trout hunter, FlyFishZermatt can offer you a great day out. We offer you a guided tour to a peaceful mountain lake, with the finest fresh water trout and a backdrop of the stunning Matterhorn.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Had the opportunity to fish with Kirk on the last day of the season in October 2011 as a side excursion from a work visit. I was able to get to Zermatt the evening before and meet Kirk for a couple of drinks and plan the next day.

Normally the trip to the lake is two lifts and then a 10 minute hike; however, the second lift was closed for the season, so we had to hike about 1 hour from Sunnegga. The hike was worth the effort and provided a nice chance to enjoy the mountain. Once at the lake we had a good day of fishing the pristine water and landed a few nice fish. There are some trout in that lake with brilliant green markings that are fun to catch and release. We decided to keep one for dinner, and since the mountain restaurant was closed we hiked back down to town. During the hike, Kirk had convinced the Hotel Pollux kitchen to prepare it for us (photo). After sharing dinner and drinks, I cannot recommend enough Fly Fish Zermatt for a great time in the alps. Next opportunity I have within season will certainly result in a call to Kirk Tinham.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had the pleasure of fishing on our recent trip to Zermatt on July 9, 2013. My husband and I did make reservations to fish with Kirk Tinham in advance and he was very wonderful to work with, even though I had so many questions. We did the day trip. Kirk picked us up at our hotel then we were together from there to the train up the mountain and the gondola. Then after a short walk/small hike we reached the lake. The scenery was incredable. The lake with the back drop of the Matterhorn is a well photographed scene, but to actually be up there is amazing. With regards to the actual fly fishing experience, you could not ask for better. Though my husband and I are somewhat novice fishers, Kirk spent a huge amount of time teaching us. He was patient and wonderful. I was so happy that we did not have to be experts to join his trip. The service that we received was unquestionably the best. I can only classify him as the fish whisperer. The main policy is to catch and release, however, it is an option to take a fish and walk up to a lodge just above the lake and the restaurant will cook your fish for you. You can order extra side dishes as well. The food is amazing. After a full day, Kirk takes you all the way back to the village. If your travels take you to Zermatt, this is a very unique and special outing. For the more dedicated fishers, Kirk does have Sunset/Sunrise trips which are overnight at the lodge above the lake.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Really fun trip with my 10 year old son. We loved the hike, fishing and mountain bike ride down. Ended the day with snacks and drinks in Zermatt. My son still talks about the day we caught trout on the mountain lake. Highly recommend this for anyone looking for a unique experience in Zermatt.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

On Wednesday, July 10th, I had the pleasure of fishing a beautiful Alpine Lake with the Matterhorn as a backdrop. I fished with Kirk Tinham for several hours using dry flies. We caught and released several rainbow trout. It was a delightful day, and I am looking forward to going back another time.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I visited this place with my wife and my friends. The fishing guide provides us how to fish knowledge and techniques. Once we catch trouts, we can ask the restaurant nearby and actually eat one fish. (normally we do catch and release there but we can eat one fish per day)
The scenery is fantastic, also you can enjoy mountain hike and other activities if you want.
The activity is very flexible, that is also a good point.
it is really worth while visiting there, even if you are flyfishing beginner you can enjoy.