We stayed here for two nights during a trip around France, Italy and Switzerland. This hotel was definitely one of the best hotels we have had the opportunity of staying in during our entire 6 week trip.
* The hotel staff were very polite, helpful and hospitable. The pick up from the entrance to Zermatt to the hotel is seamless and efficient (and is free).
* The breakfast each morning was lovely. The breakfast room is situated next to a small Swiss garden and has a lovely ambience. The food was lovely - hot and cold breakfast buffet, with fresh juices. The breakfast room staff were very helpful and went out of their way to ensure that we had what we wanted - one day, the buffet ran out of scrambled eggs and immediately one of the staff took our plate and went inside and cooked a fresh batch for us, then brought it personally to our table. Amazing service.
* The room was lovely - very spacious, and air conditioned. We also had a little balcony with views of the Matterhorn, which was great. The bathroom facilities were very clean, and provided everything we needed. Linen was changed each day and the service to the rooms was discreet and efficient.
* The location of the hotel is great. Zermatt is only a small town - more like a village - and you can very easily walk everywhere. There's no need to take a car or taxi. The hotel is far enough away from the main street that it has the benefit of quietness, but close enough that it's only a 5 minute walk to restaurants and other services.
We loved this hotel and would definitely recommend it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Albatros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albatros Hotel Zermatt