“As Good As It Gets”

Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Zermatt
Montreux/Blonay, Switzerland
“As Good As It Gets”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I returned last week for our fifth stay at the Omnia in Zermatt along with a couple visiting with us from the US. As always, the two days in this modern, perfectly run hotel were a dream. The location in the center of Zermatt is super, the quality of the rooms and suites are excellent, the restaurant is a dream and the team from the General Manage on down is outstanding. Can I say more ... The hot tub offers a perfect view of the Matterhorn and the rest of the spa facilities are to the highest standard. There is even a drop of Bourbon in the bar of each room offered with the compliments of the Hotel !

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the front !
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear LakeView
Thank you so much for your kind review and the compliments.

I am most grateful that you have taken the time after your fifth visit to write these few lines. Thank you very much for your kind loyalty and your patronage. I am already looking forward to welcoming you and your friends again soon.

Manageing Director
ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Thoiry, France
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I don't even know where to start. The hotel is impeccably kept, the staff is friendly and multi-lingual, the rooms are furnished beautifully and the views of Zermatt and the Matterhorn are breathtaking. Oh, and did I mention the complimentary chocolates with turn-down service at night and daily complimentary breakfast (at least it was with our stay). If you get the chance, order the French toast...Amazing! The indoor/outdoor pool and outside hot tub and spa area is of the best quality. There are many hotels from which to choose and many less expensive than this one but should you want an A+ experience, choose The Omnia.

Room Tip: We chose the standard room with one king bed. We had PLENTY of space. I do recommend that if possibl...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Geschäftsführer at The Omnia, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Kirsten N

Thank you very much indeed for your kind words and the kind compliments. I am very flattered that you have enjoyed a great stay. Letely we receive lots of compliments about our spa. Perhaps because our guests tend to indulge a bit more and are themselves after their busy worklife. I'm not sure but I really hope that all can relax just as you did.

Best regards
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at the Omnia as part of a trip hiking across the Dolomites and Switzerland. This hotel was quite amazing on all accounts. Not only was the setting spectacular, on a hill overlooking Zermatt, but a short elevator ride took us to the very heart of the city. The architecture/design of the hotel, and the spa, and the room was stunning, with lots of surprises at every turn (stainless tub lit by torches/ ground glass floors/ gorgeous furniture with lots of cubbyholes for storage). The views from our balcony overlooked the city and the mountains. The restaurant was like a private club (we were there in the off season) but that did not minimize the quality, nor choices. But in all great hotels, the people there made the difference that made this go from simply amazing to incredibly outstanding. Every person with whom we interacted, from the management, to the clerks, to the bell staff, to the maids, to the waitresses seemed to be genuinely kind, caring and made us feel that we were the most important person in the world. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Switzerland summer or winter.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear derm Traveller

Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish I could quote you ... I am simply thrilled that you have enjoyed yourselves here with us during your last visit.

I do agree that the staff makes the difference and I am pleased that they did.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I were there during mid Sep 2012. For us, the Omnia is the best hotel in Switzerland. Not just the food, room and facilities that amaze us, but also staff service mind is excellent. That made the omnia difference for other hotel.

Let's start review with their room...
The most important thing is their bed. They use memory foam bed which is super comfortable. Bedroom equipped with everything you need and it's clean every square inches.You can also see zermatt view from your bedroom balcony. It is so pretty around evening..

Facility..
Please don't forget to bring your swimming suit. You can dip in outdoor Jacuzzi pool and enjoy the zermatt view. The water temperature is controlled. So it's not cold..don't worry.. :)
They also have suana and steam room. But my favorite is flowery steam room.. It make you skin smell soooooooo good from head to toes.

Breakfast
Thank god they serve fresh made and hot breakfast. Continental breakfast is not my favorite. When i saw Egg Benedict, Pancake and French toast on menu, I was super happy.. We tired it all and it was sooooo good :)

Location
When you arrived the train station, you can use the free phone service to call for hotel pick up. The hotel is located right next to the zermatt church. the hotel entrance is just few step from main street. The cool part is hotel entrance. Sine the hotel is up on the hill, you have to walk through stone tunnel and goes up by private lift to hotel lobby. i'm sure you all gonna find it very interesting..

Lastly, I have to thank you my friend who recommend this hotel to us. It's perfect as he describe.. I will definitely goes back again soon..!

3 Thank NutPawaree
Missouri
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This hotel is probabaly the best hotel I have stayed in. The view of Zermatt and the Materhorn was amazing. The room was large, the bathroom was nice but the staff made the difference. The staff went out of their way to make this an excellent stay. Breakfast was well done! The hotel has an excellent pool, outdoor hot tub with great views, and a full work out facility with cardio and free weights. The hotel even has a sauna and steam room. Going into the hotel from Zermatt is simple and easy. When you get to the train station in Zermatt call the hotel and they will pick you up in their electric car.

Thank you for a wonderful stay! We will be back.

Room Tip: ANy room has a great view!
Dear Shoupdog

Thank you very much for your kind review and the kind compliments. We really appreciate that you've had a good time here in Zermatt.

To us it is paramount that the staff does make a difference. When we take our colleagues on board, we always make sure to get the most genuine and kind hearted people. They will live the spirit and make you feel like at home.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 September 2012

1. Location is pretty good with nice view on Zermatt village
2, Room is kept always clean , and the decoration for the entire room was fantastic with modern touch
3. Staff very helpful. Got my iphone charger fixed by the hotel technician so many thanks to him.
4. The breakfast was average. There was no toaster . The juice was not put in a good location. Cheese variety was limited.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbaizai1975
PhilippeClarinval, Geschäftsführer at The Omnia, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and the compliments therein. I hope your phonecharge is still in good working order.

I am a bit concerned about your comments about the breakfast selection. Personally I think that the quality of the selection is of paramount importance. Therefore we focus on providing the best quality of meats, cured fish, fruits, cerals and cheeses.

Being a cheese lover myself, I find the selection of local cheeses quite adequate. Next to the 3 year old Gruyère, the aged Emmental, the fresh cow cheeses, the goat and sheep cheeses from the Mattervalley, the Tête de Moine and the Epoisses we have recently added the cheeses from our own Highland cow "Ophelia" to the selection.
I would be most grateful if you could provide me with a suggestion of additional products that we might integrate into our selection.

As for the toaster, I apologize if our colleagues have not offered you the possibility to have your breads toasted by our kitchen team. We would have done it with pleasure.

Thanks again for your kind comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Omnia for 3 nights and it was one of our best experiences on vacation. The room was great (we had a room at the back of the hotel but the view was still wonderful) with an enormous bath, the staff were amazing and the food was delicious. The pool was outstanding with indoor and outdoor sections. Everything at the hotel was spotless. The location was also very good, quite close to the station but still quiet. But the best feature of the hotel was the amazingly friendly and helpful staff. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Member of Tripadvisor

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us and of course for selecting The Omnia as your residence during your recent trip to Zermatt.

I am very pleased indeed that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would be very honored to be your host again if your travel plans lead you back to Zermatt.