The Omnia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Adonis(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Best Western PLUS Alpen Resort Hotel(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$235
US$244
US$227
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Butterfly(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$219
US$201
US$195
Hotel Bristol(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Continental Zermatt(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$163
Orbitz.com
Hotel Antares(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
US$166
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmanaging directorjames bondcorner suitean indoor outdoor poolhot tubelectric carturkish bathmountain lodgecovered chairsmemory foamtrain stationtempur mattresswelcome drinkcontemporary hotelunique designthe general managerevery member of staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Omnia is a truly special hotel. We were collected from the traimn station by the hotel and driven through the 'cave' right under the hotel to the lifts that take ou right up into the gorgeous and ambient hotel lobby.

We were greeted by the lovely Sarah and given welcome drinks by the fire before a tour of the hotel.

The 'wellness centre' comprising an indoor pool, outdoor spa overlooking Zermatt and the Matterhorn, steam rooms, and sauna was amazing. I never wated to leave!

The restaurant was fantastic and the waitors at both breakfast and dinner were excellent and very willing to share their knowlwedge of the area, its wines and produce.

The room was spacious and beautifully furnished. The bed was incredibly comfortable. We were on the first view and were not facing out into town (which would have been nice) but we still enjoyed the room.

All of the reception staff were enthusiastic and incredibly helpful. We can't wait to go back in wintertime and experience it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Geschäftsführer at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Maddie L

Thank you very much for your thorough Review and the compliments therein. It gives always great pride to share them with the team.

I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your time among us and I'd be more than pleased to welcome you again soon.

Best regards
Philippe

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I selected the Omnia hotel for my husband's birthday celebration based on a friend's recommendation - and she wasn't wrong! The customer service level from booking to check-out was nothing less than exceptional. They not only made my husband's first trip to Switzerland enjoyable but made his 39th birthday a memorable experience.

When I contacted them requesting a reservation and stating the reason for our visit, they were quick to offer assistance as well ensure we had a room that offered the most spectacular views. We were greeted by name at the station and through out our stay. The attention wasn't over the top, it was just the right level to show interest in their guests and their stay.

I love the style of the hotel, its clean lines and non-cluttered layout. The rooms are generous in size and offer great views regardless of what floor your on. The breakfast was very good and very filling, definitely one you want to wake up for.

Overall we couldn't have been more please with our stay and would recommend The Omnia to anyone looking for a fantastic Zermatt stay.

Side note: If you can book into the restaurant while you are there, you WILL NOT be disappointed. The food was beyond 5 star (and I have a very picky, ex-chef husband) and every detail considered. What I especially liked was your reservation was for the evening, you weren't rushed or hurried in anyway. The food came out at your pace and to ensure you enjoyed the overall experience. My husband was not only impressed by the taste, but the presentation as well as the knowledge of the staff. Really, can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear member of tripadvisor

Thank you for your Review. Looking at your other Reviews I see we have done something right and I am thrilled.

It is always flattering and encouraging to always improve our Services.

Should your travel plans lead you back to Zermatt, please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best wishes

Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Omnia will hold a special place in my heart quite possibly for the rest of my life.

I recently spent 4 nights at the Omnia while visiting Zermatt. The hotel closes for a period of time in the spring, and I checked in a day after they re-opened. The property is outstanding, the staff is top-notch and the experience was simply amazing.

First, let me talk about the facility. In my time in Zermatt, I didn't see anything else like it. The property is very modern - with a Scandinavian feel (if you ask me). You can tell instantly that it was meticulously designed and has been painstakingly maintained. The hotel is perched up high on a side of the hill, above the town, giving a truly unique perspective on the surrounding area. Though you're quite removed from the activity on the street below, the tunnel that connects the hotel to the street is short and easily accessible. When we e-mailed a few questions to the property, we were asked if we wanted to be met at the train, but declined as we didn't know what time we would be heading in. Being on the adventurous side, we decided to get our bearings and to hike to the hotel on our own (with no real idea where we're going). To our surprise, the hotel was a leisurely 5-10minute walk from the train station right up the main street, to the small sign that notes the hotel down the alley and into the tunnel (be careful, you could easily miss it!). As I said above, despite not having cars, the street can be quite active, but once you're at the hotel, it's simply serene and tranquil. It's worth noting that as Zermatt doesn't have normal cars, when you sit on the balcony in your room, all you hear is the sound of the river that runs through the town, and the chirping of the birds - it's truly amazing.

Upon arrival, we were invited outside for a glass of champagne on the patio. What a warm welcome! After our champagne, we were given a lovely tour of the property, and then shown our room (which was purposely kept a secret until we arrived at it). We stayed in one of the more basic "Double" rooms, on the 2nd floor with a view of Zermatt. The room was absolutely gorgeous. It had plenty of space to stretch out so we didn't feel cramped. The open closet was divine - with tons of space to lay out our clothes and luggage, and to get moved in. The room had a minibar and credenza, which included free bourbon (nice surprise!). There were two comfortable chairs, the tempurpedic bed and the huge floor to ceiling windows that looked out over the valley. Without missing a beat, we went immediately out to the balcony, where our two chairs had been prepped with sheepskins (which even in the summer were amazingly comfortable). We ordered a cheese plate from room service (and more champagne) and sat out for a look at our new home. I'd like to specifically mention the room service and the cheese plate. First, the room service waiter did an amazing job of presenting our selection, and second, compared with some other cheese plates that we tried at other 5-star properties in town, this one was over the top and amazing. The bathroom in our room was efficient, though might feel a little small to some people. If you're a lady who needs room to do makeup, be prepared to have to work a little harder than normal if you have lots of paraphernalia to lay out. For guys, the space was fine. The detail in the bathroom was astonishing. The designers made the effort to recess the tile in the wall so that where it meets the sheetrock, it's a seamless, flat transition - that's some major attention to detail! The shower was a bit unusual, but still worked quite fine - there was a double pivoting glass partition that swung out if you're more of a shower user than a bath person (we are Americans, so we preferred to stand up). The amenities were great - not Kiehl's - which I had read somewhere, but Aesop, which was equally as nice.

Later in our stay, we took some time to relax at the pool, which is absolutely beautiful. The hot tub has an interior entry for winter months when you'll want to get into the water before transferring outside into the cold mountain air. The steam rooms were also impressive and beautiful.

Breakfast in the morning is served in the restaurant on the bottom floor. We ate there our first night and had a truly amazing, romantic 5-star dinner that was just outstanding. For Breakfast, the selection was ample and tasty - delicious cheeses, sliced meats, fresh bread, yogurt and granola. We were also invited to order eggs that were made to order - the Eggs Benedict were among the best that I've ever had anywhere in the world. The fresh fruit and juices were also outstanding - with a wide and exotic selection. Dining outside for breakfast during our summer stay was also a treat that we looked forward to each morning.

After all of that, the final thing that I must comment on is the staff. The staff is truly outstanding - they were always amazingly pleasant, were a delight to talk to, and were always happy to lend a hand, provide advice, make reservations / plans, etc. I really felt like we were a member of a family while staying at The Omnia - we got to know many of the staff individually, and I've never seen such a pleasant, outgoing group. Based on the staff alone, the physical hotel could have been awful, and they would have made up for it.

I'm sure you can tell that we really can't say enough about how great the Omnia was. I'd like to think that I'll get back there at some point in my life - it was just an outstanding experience that I'd like to repeat over and over again. I've stayed in some pretty amazing, world-class properties, but The Omnia takes the cake… simply excellent.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to face the town - it's very quiet. However, based on our experience, the place doesn't have a bad room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PlatinumStrider

Dear New York Strider

I am immensely grateful for the wonderful Review, compliments but above all, for the time you have taken to share your experiences.

There is hardly anything that I could specifically highlight except the Kiehl's products. Just for the sake of sharing the Story: we used to have Kiehl's products in our cosmetic line. Last year however we have decided to upgrade to Aesop which is an Australian Company producing wonderful products. Only a handful Hotels worldwide have them; therefore I am personally very proud to offer them to our guests.

I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon

In the Interim I send you and your beloved ones my best wishes.

Philippe

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This hotel is very unique experience located on the top of the mountain reached by the inside mountain elevator. So you end up on the top of Zermatt with incredible views but still right in the middle of pedestrian zone taking down the elevator. The staff is very helpful and proffesional from the minute you check in with glass of champagne to the last good buy when they drop you at the train station upon departure. We booked suite which was huge 2 very modern rooms and 2 balconies looking straight at Matterhorn which was striking view. Restaurant serves wonderful dinner with fireplace and great breakfast. Everything about this hotel is top top.

Room Tip: Suites or rooms facing Matterhorn
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terka05
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear Mrs Terka05

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Saying that it was perfect from the beginning to the end is very satisfying for us. We always try to find the weakest link but if you say there wasn't any I can be very proud of our Team...

It would be an honour to welcome you again should your travel plans lead you back to Zermatt.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Best hotel in a fantastic location.
We have been many times. The service is always reserved but excellent. Food is lovely - breakfast is a treat.
The rooms are big and very clean and well decorated - all v modern.
The hot tub is made of black granite and has the most stunning view, and the flower steam room is so relaxing.
Overall one of the best we've stayed in. Go in summer though as its cheaper!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple