“A Fairytale...”
Review of The Omnia

The Omnia
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Zermatt
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My Husband and I enjoyed our visit to Omnia last week. Everything about the hotel is just faultless... The Service, the food, the warmth, the rooms.... Excellent...
We are looking forward to going back there again next year for a snowy visit...
Hopefully next year will get a room on a higher floor...

Room Tip: Try getting a room on a higher floor...
1  Thank MCN9
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear MCN9

I also often feel like in a fairytale... every morning when I wake up and see the beauty of the nature and know how lucky I am to live and work here...

Thank you for reminding me again and for your kind compliments.

Please let me know whe you come back so that we can organize a room on a higher floor. Things can get busy here.

Best regards
Philippe Clarinval
Managing Director

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Omnia truly spoilt us for the week we spent there during our honeymoon.
The room (we had room P) was amazing, with balcony overlooking Zermatt and separate bath area. The room was spotless and thoroughly cleaned at least daily - on most days the bed was made twice, the room service would visit between post skiing nap and bedtime.
The staff - particularly the reception staff deserve a special mention. Always friendly and chatty, ready with ideas for dinner and more than happy to help with any requests.
Breakfast was consistently amazing. Don't be afraid to ask for variations with eggs etc that is off the menu, however, you might keep coming back to the chocolate crepes....they are to die for!
The "wellness" facilities are amazing. Sitting in the outdoor jacuzzi in the snow was definitely a new experience! We also had massages which I can strongly recommend.
Lastly, thanks to the staff at The Omnia for making our stay in Zermatt the best leg of our honeymoon and for giving us such an amazing room.....we will definitely be back!

1  Thank Jamie S

Dear Jamie

How wonderful! I am very happy that The Omnia was the best part of the Honeymoon. I have also very fond memories of the best hotel my wife and I went to during our honeymoon. Therefore I am even more pleased.

Come back anytime, no need to wait for an anniversary.

Best wishes
Philippe

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I just returned from a lovely weekend at the Omnia in Zermatt. This must be the best five star, quality hotel in this famous Swiss mountain resort. From our pick up at the train station to our departure everything went perfectly. The staff is really good with particular attention to details. The General Manager, Philippe, took personal care to assure that we were happy with our room and all hotel services.
Facilities are modern and perfectly maintained with the latest electronic support systems including free wifi throughout the property ... a real plus ! And the dining experience was excellent, both for breakfast and dinner. The glass enclosed kitchen and large tables make a real difference, not to mention the excellent quality of the food. The modern spa has an indoor/outdoor pool and the best jacuzzi in town with a direct view to the Matterhorn!
We have visited this hotel many times before and will continue to keep it at the top of our list in Zermatt.

3  Thank LakeView10
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My mother and I took a two-week trip to four different countries in Europe and I was most anticipating The Omnia. I'm pleased to say it didn't disappoint. We were thrilled at every turn.

Upon arrival at the train station, they had a small Omnia electric shuttle waiting for us (which fit us and our 150 lbs. of luggage comfortably - which I had been worried about!) Everyone describes the hotel entrance as "James Bond" and it really is! You turn off the main road and drive through two glass doors into the bottom of a cave! From there, you take the elevator up through the floors of the cave to arrive at the hotel lobby that sits on top of it.

We enjoyed a glass of complimentary champagne by the fire while we checked in and waited for our luggage to be brought to our room. The room itself was nice, but I spent most of my time on the balcony. Definitely pay for a view of the Matterhorn - it's SO worth it! There was a complimentary decanter of bourbon in the room, which was a unique touch (and something we enjoyed on the balcony a few times!)

We were also very impressed by the pool area. The indoor pool and outdoor hot tub are definitely worth packing a swimsuit for.

We only stayed one night, but I plan on going back with my husband for a much longer stay at The Omnia!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank happycj24
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend here in October 2013. The Hotel was amazing, the city is fabulous for vacation and Ski Trip. Very good food, very nice room for it's price. Had a great time there.... Surely i'll come back to this hotel in my next Ski Trip :-).!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I spent 4 days in this amazing, architecturally beautiful lodge. It was quite an experience having the electric bus (made specifically for the lodge) pick us up at the train station then drive us through a cave in the mountain to the hotel entrance. Our room, on the 3rd floor overlooking the town of Zermatt, was stunning, impeccably clean, and the balcony was fabulous. The library and lobby is equally as beautiful with a view of the Matterhorn. We enjoyed dinner at the restaurant so much, we went back twice--wonderful local dishes. I am not a breakfast person but the dining room had such a lovely spread of cheeses, fresh fruit, breads, ham, oatmeal (with a plethora of fresh toppings)...was irresistible. Also you can order off the breakfast menu--eggs benedict, pancakes...very good!! The lodge pool is stunning! If you visit you must take a swim in the pool, enjoy the very clean hot tube on the deck with a perfect view of the Matterhorn, and get the Lomi Lomi massage or any massage (ask for Astrid or Nadja) Wow, one of our best massages to date.

But I cannot write enough about the fantastic staff!! They were friendly, helpful, kind and super accommodating! Phillip, the concierge, was wonderful along with all the staff we encounter during our stay. We would like to thank you all and will hopefully return soon!! We highly recommend The Omnia.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a room overlooking the Matterhorn.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had such a marvelous time at the Omnia. The hotel was perfect! Every single member of the staff that we interacted with was fantastic, the hotel was gorgeous, the pool and spa area were so relaxing and the restaurant was amazing - the dinner we had there was one of the best meals I ever had. I can't stop telling family and friends how fantastic the hotel is. I really hope we can make it back sometime soon. Thank you so much to you and the other members of the staff for making the final leg of our honeymoon more than we could have ever dreamed of. We'll treasure the memories we made there forever!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sjrk_price
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear sjrk Price

Thank you so much for your kind review. you seem like raving fans... It was a great pleasure for us to make this your highlight of your honeymoon. I also have great memories of my own honeymoon, so I know how important it is. I hope to see you in a year for your first anniversary. In the meantime We all wish you a happy married life.

Best regards