“Superb!”

Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Zermatt
Toronto, Canada
“Superb!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Omnia quite simply is one of the most, if not the most outstanding hotels we have ever stayed at. Everything was superb, from the outstanding service, the view from our suite overlooking the town (Village Ste), fabulous spa, the beautifully appointed room and restaurant. The Omnia is a small, intimate hotel with only 30 rooms located just off the main street in Zermatt but once you enter the cave/cavern and take the elevator up to the hotel perched on the side of a mountain, it is if you are a world away. The decor and inspiration, a modern interpretation of a Swiss Mountain lodge, was warm, inviting, elegant yet extremely comfortable. It's like a home away from home, yet so much nicer than home! But the staff and service really made our vacation unforgettable - from the champagne and hot chocolate that we sipped on while checking in, the assistance we received in making lunch and dinner recommendations, the cookies, chocolate bark and dried fruit that awaited us in our room, handmade chocolate every night with the turn-down service and luxury amenities including a bathrobe in the perfect size for our daughter. The spa was one of the most well-quipped and beautiful hotel spas we have seen, with multiple steam rooms, an indoor/outdoor pool and a hot tub with a view of the Matterhorn. And of course, Zermatt itself is spectacular, as is the skiing. Loved it, loved it, loved it and we can hardly wait until we return.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of Zermatt or the Matterhorn.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank catherine2011928
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Catherine

I still remember how we met for the first time and I am extremely grateful for your kind review. I know how well travelled you are and appreciate even more when you say "the most outstanding"... This is a compliment, which I gladly share with the rest of the Team you so kindly highlight.

I keep mentioning that I never get tired of compliments for our staff. It is them who make the difference, so I also pay tribute to them. their attitude, The small gestures, the sincere pleasure of welcoming you among us only rounds the overall impression of the beauty of the Mountain Lodge.

I also can't wait till I see you again.
Best wishes
Philippe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 January 2014

i spent a week there in December and the service was great and the suite was wonderful i enjoyed my whole week the staff great they were helpful in getting information that i needed also the suit i stayed in had a beautiful view of the town the snow as great skiing was great

Room Tip: keep the good work
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gapkidd
Dear gapkidd

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a good overall impression of the Mountain Lodge.

I will gladly share your compliments and the Kind 5/5 you gave us.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I proposed my wife this summer at the Omnia in an absolutely amazing surrounding.
GM and staff kindly and actively participated in the preparation of the complete surprise to her.
It has been an unforgettable moment for us and look forward to return to this fantastic hotel and restaurant for further great moments!
To note that the place looks fabulous with contemporary spacious interior design, yet traditional, a beautiful piece of architecture not to be missed. Frequent visitor in Zermatt, The Omnia is my favorite place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bernhard B
Dear Bernhard

Thank you for your review and your Kind compliments. I remember how you proposed, you were much more original than I was... therefore I am happy that we could assist to make that Milestone such a memorable one.

I wish you both a very happy married life and would love to welcome you back.

In the interim, stay well, happy and healthy
London
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Incredible setting, and we enjoyed the Bond lair entrance after the trip from the station. Beautiful rooms with wonderful views over town, church and mountains. Incredible breakfast with several different kinds of chocolate spread alone. Fantastic pool and hot tubs with fab views of the mountains. Truly fantastic

Stayed May 2013
Dear Patrick

Thank you for your kind review about the Setting, the James Bond reference and the breakfast. The chocolate spreads are indeed fantastic. I have found crema di nocciole a few months ago while touring Piemont and immediately fell in love with them. Shall I send you some?

India
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My Husband and I enjoyed our visit to Omnia last week. Everything about the hotel is just faultless... The Service, the food, the warmth, the rooms.... Excellent...
We are looking forward to going back there again next year for a snowy visit...
Hopefully next year will get a room on a higher floor...

Room Tip: Try getting a room on a higher floor...
1 Thank MCN9
Dear MCN9

I also often feel like in a fairytale... every morning when I wake up and see the beauty of the nature and know how lucky I am to live and work here...

Thank you for reminding me again and for your kind compliments.

Please let me know whe you come back so that we can organize a room on a higher floor. Things can get busy here.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Omnia truly spoilt us for the week we spent there during our honeymoon.
The room (we had room P) was amazing, with balcony overlooking Zermatt and separate bath area. The room was spotless and thoroughly cleaned at least daily - on most days the bed was made twice, the room service would visit between post skiing nap and bedtime.
The staff - particularly the reception staff deserve a special mention. Always friendly and chatty, ready with ideas for dinner and more than happy to help with any requests.
Breakfast was consistently amazing. Don't be afraid to ask for variations with eggs etc that is off the menu, however, you might keep coming back to the chocolate crepes....they are to die for!
The "wellness" facilities are amazing. Sitting in the outdoor jacuzzi in the snow was definitely a new experience! We also had massages which I can strongly recommend.
Lastly, thanks to the staff at The Omnia for making our stay in Zermatt the best leg of our honeymoon and for giving us such an amazing room.....we will definitely be back!

1 Thank Jamie S
Dear Jamie

How wonderful! I am very happy that The Omnia was the best part of the Honeymoon. I have also very fond memories of the best hotel my wife and I went to during our honeymoon. Therefore I am even more pleased.

Come back anytime, no need to wait for an anniversary.

Best wishes
Philippe
Montreux/Blonay, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I just returned from a lovely weekend at the Omnia in Zermatt. This must be the best five star, quality hotel in this famous Swiss mountain resort. From our pick up at the train station to our departure everything went perfectly. The staff is really good with particular attention to details. The General Manager, Philippe, took personal care to assure that we were happy with our room and all hotel services.
Facilities are modern and perfectly maintained with the latest electronic support systems including free wifi throughout the property ... a real plus ! And the dining experience was excellent, both for breakfast and dinner. The glass enclosed kitchen and large tables make a real difference, not to mention the excellent quality of the food. The modern spa has an indoor/outdoor pool and the best jacuzzi in town with a direct view to the Matterhorn!
We have visited this hotel many times before and will continue to keep it at the top of our list in Zermatt.

3 Thank LakeView10