“Modern mountain retreat”
Review of The Omnia

The Omnia
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Zermatt
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It has been awhile since my one visit to The Omnia but it is one of the few properties to which I would love to return, from the James Bond-esque mountain tunnel entrance to the beautiful rrooms, a really unique hotel stay.
Well located with a partial view of the towering Matterhorn, it is also right in town,and directly behind the hotel you can take a lovely uphill hike.
The rooms are fabulous, making you feel as if you are in a luxury apartment rental. I think the bed is a natural latex mattress, firm but comfortable, and the bathroom is beautiful, with grey slate tile, a large clean bathtub, and windows all around fitted with wooden blinds.
I loved the pool overlooking the mountain, and the various saunas with a light show!
Staff were brilliant, the lounge luxe and cozy, and the restaurant food was delicious, including the large, vairied and healthy breakfast spread.
If I ever return to Zermatt, I would hope to stay again at the Omnia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Zimmchiro

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review after such a long time. I am very impressed by the details that have stayed in your memory and am absolutely delighted that you have enjoyed your stay so much.

I do hope that you will return to Zermatt and of course, that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely
Philippe Clarinval
Managing Director

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Coming from the 5* hotel business myself I was really looking forward to the Omnia! And I was not diss appointed at all! We checked in into a corner suite! Amazing design! Don't expect a mountain chalet style, this is perfect feng-shui layout with tempur mattresses! Great spa area and! the restaurant really deserves a Michelin star! A big bravo to the well uniformed team!! I will be black!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear btender

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Coming from a 5* Environment, I appreciate your Feedback even more. As you mention the uniforms, I take great pride in mentioning that they are designed exclusively for us by John Jefferson Arnold, the fashion designer living in Berlin. I will certainly pass on your compliments.

I am looking forward to seeing you very soon again.

Yours sincerely
Philippe Clarinval

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I picked the Omnia after doing extensive on-line research into "nice" hotel options in Zermatt, for a 3 day side trip following business in Zurich (a 3 hour train ride each way). For those who like this modern aesthetic, this is textbook, minimalist cool. The greatest feature, however, is its location on a promontory, overlooking both the town of Zermatt and with a view of the iconic Matterhorn. You are peacefully sequestered, quite literally, above the fray on a cliff and yet, a quick elevator ride through solid rock takes you to a tunnel that provides access to Zermatt's bustling main street - it is literally the best of both worlds. Throw-in extremely gracious and helpful staff, an indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub with views of the Matterhorn and you've got a recipe for perfection. I just returned home to San Francisco and have already booked my next trip to the Omnia!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ARationalist
Reviewed 1 April 2014

An applicable name. Omnia is latin for ‘all’ and the hotel has all you want. A beautiful modern hotel – forget the old fashion ‘chalet’ hotels – in the city centre of Zermatt. Wonderful service, lovely rooms with great view, adorable food, tasty breakfast, ... and so on. Very good spa – 3 hammam, sauna, swimming pool in and outside, Jacuzzi outside, ... You hardly can find a better place to be and to live on a skiing holiday. Blissful. Isn’t there no remark? Probably the privacy on your terrace and... the price. But that you will forget when you are there.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Matterhorn get most of the sun.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ELJMG
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I travel very regularly and we stay in some of the best boutique hotels in the world. The Omnia is simply up there with the very best and easily in the top 5 hotels we have stayed in in the last 10 years. The property is stunningly well designed, but there are lots of stunningly designed hotels. What makes the difference is Philippe and his team are incredibly well trained, they anticipate so many of their guests needs and their systems must be immaculate. It was our first time at The Omnia and indeed Zermatt. We will be returning to Zermatt and only staying at The Omnia. Simply outstanding in every regard.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank niraj5hah
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had arranged earlier on for a pick-up at the train station. The hotel was also very thoughtful and had sent a reminder - noting that we were reaching by train and had enquired if we needed a pick-up. There was a welcome drink as well.

Omnia was very nice to upgrade us to a King bed room (we had booked the Queen). It was very beautifully decorated and we immediately started taking photos. There were chairs on the balcony as well; but coming from a warm country, we were soon hiding in the room rather then enjoying the view. Bed was very comfortable and despite sharing the bed with my mother, couldn't feel any movement.

We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant as well. We were sceptical at first, as the items on the menu was very common. But the food was done differently and absolutely delicious! The service was very friendly and patient as we took some time deciding what we wanted.

Breakfast was very good too. The eggs benedict is the best I've ever eaten!

Would definitely stay here again ..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank babysilve
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I am writing this review few months after my stay. What can be said about this hotel which combines the warmth of a a mountain chalet, modern architecture and clean lines , it is hidden and at the same time right in the middle of town, it has spectacular views of the Matterhorn and the most spacious rooms. I love everything about it and can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends