“Poor Location and Service”
Review of Hotel Sarazena

and 1 more site!
Hotel Sarazena
Ranked #79 of 110 Hotels in Zermatt
Jabalpur, India
“Poor Location and Service”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Location of the Hotel is tucked away. If you have a heavy suitcase then it will be a problem.

Heating was a problem and the Lady manning the Hotel herself didn't know how to operate it. Next day we were told that it runs automatically, which showed that they actually didn't know how to operate it.

Secondly ..they said the breakfast was available till 10 AM, however when we reached there by 9.30 AM, every thing was finished and we were told that we have to eat what ever is left there.
There were other 3 Star hotels with much better view.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharad S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Sarazena is conveniently located right near the train station. Schelepping our suitcases was not a problem at all and honestly less than 3 minute walk! I was a little concerned with the construction around the hotel as we arrived-- it has not been a problem at all.
Our first morning we looked out and clear skies and THERE WAS THE MATTERHORN! Definitely ask for a room with a view and on the upper floor! Our room is modest and very clean & comfortable. Everything is expensive, in general, in Switzerland; I'd consider Hotel Sarazena fairly priced. We slept with the windows open-- no street noise!
Front desk is pleasant and helpful. Breakfast is the European meats, cheeses, fruit, yogurt...and coffee or tea. Nice way to start the day.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AHACharleston_SC
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The Sarazena is a very good value for Zermatt and it is in a good location. I wasn't disappointed to stay here again. I am a little concerned about all the construction going on in Zermatt, but the Sarazena is still in a very good location and the rooms and bathrooms are some of the best I have ever experienced. Breakfast is still great, but I'd like to see soft or hard boiled eggs, please.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel was excellent. Very clean and so close to both train stations. Walking distance to everyething. The internet didn't work in the room but there was an excellent comfortable lounge just off the lobby and the internet worked well from there. There is also a bar in the lounge so you can enjoy a drink while you are sitting. The breakfast was excellent and plentiful. The staff were very helpful and knowledgable. The only downside was that there was a lot of construction going on and that made the hotel hard to find on our arrival. However, once we knew where to turn there were no issues.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel was booked as part of a travel agents itinerary so you never know quite what you are going to get.

Our of all our hotels this one was the biggest let down. Not so much for the actual hotel itself as that was clean, tidy and standard accommodation. However it was tucked in an alley way surrounded by building work. We feel we should have been informed of this by the agent (and we will take this up with them) so we could either choose to stay or ask for an alternative. It was unsightly, left the hotel looking worse for wear and noisy to boot. We were also right next to the train station - which meant from around 7am till very late at night - trains were coming and going.

The staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was not bad. A little more choice would have been nice but the decaf coffee was great.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there is one - but perhaps on the other side to the train station would have been q...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MYSB
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The hotel is the best hotel I have stayed with in my 10 days holiday in Switzerland. I have been to five hotels in different places in the country and though located in a busy tourists town, Hotel Sarazena is the most reasonably priced (read: cheapest) among the hotels I have stayed in but the BEST of the lot. Full ensuite bathroom, biggest room with a big balcony, very comfortable bed, very warm staff who are eager to help, and a central location very near to the main train station and the Gornegrat station. I originally planned to stay one night but extended up to three nights in part because of Zermatt and in large part because of the very comfortable Hotel Sarazena.

Definitely will stay here again if ever I come back to Switzerland. Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We arrived pretty late at night into the train station but we found the Hotel Sarazena pretty easily. The lady at the reception was helpful in telling us where we could get food and what to expect in the morning for our breakfast. She was helpful in telling us more about the town of Zermatt and was happy to answer any questions we had.
We woke to find out our window was a wonderful view of the Matterhorn and also the little train that takes people up to the top. It was breathtaking. We scurried down for our breakfast and found it to be very nice. The selection was big and there was a good variety to cover my healthy taste and my hubby's more expansive tastes (proper English Brekky with sausage and beans)
We were very pleased. We went for a walk after breakfast as we were to be heading out on the Glacier Express. We went into a few shops and I picked up a postcard to send to my son, in the U.S.
When we returned to the hotel the front desk happily sold me a stamp and put the card in the post for me. I found out later that my son got that postcard in only 4 days! Switzerland to the U.S. in such a short time, how cool is that!
Overall I would say this room was well equipped the staff was above and beyond what I expected and the views were amazing. I highly recommend it and we actually want to move to Zermatt as it is such a beautiful town!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Matterhorn side, for the view ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple