“Excellent french brasserie in the centre of Lausanne”

Restaurant Le Mirabeau
Reserve with
Restaurant Le Mirabeau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 701 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: US$42 - US$104
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The specialties of our cuisine: the Chateaubriand, that you simply must try, or even the Bouillabaisse or whole sole and the latest creations: A diverse, seasonal kitchen inspired by the colorful market stalls, is served in accordance with the tradition of quality hospitality.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Mirabeau restaurant is part of a hotel with the same name located in the centre of Lausanne, 5 minutes distance from the train station and equal distance from the centre. For me it's one of the best restaurant in town especially for price-quality.

The restaurant offer a quality french cuisine with a professional service. Decoration is nice with a fireplace for the long winter journey. The summer a nice terrace is open in the garden.

The menu offer large choice of dishes, from tartar to seafood and various meat. I invited a very good friend to diner. As appetizer with Red San bitter, they brought some peanuts and olives. A basket of bread is brought with a nice salted butter. As starter my friend choose a fish tartar and for me I took the foie gras with fig chutney and brioche. Perfect presentation and dishes were excellent. As main course he choose the tartar with home fries and some toast. For me the Beef filet Mignon with Cafe de paris sauce and also home fries. The sauce is presented on side and the fries are amazing.

At the end, chocolate is given with coffee (nice attention). With the starters, we took a glass of white muscat and with the main course a glass of Bordeaux. Prices are correct, I paid approx CHF 200 for everything.

I really advice this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Le Mirabeau

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Mirabeau Restaurant is the restaurant of the hotel of the same name. It's well located, 5min to Train Station and/or the centre of Lausanne.

The decoration is nicely done. Let's classic with a cosy fireplace. The service is very professional and polite. In the summer, a nice terrace is opened on the garden of the hotel.

I went with an old friend an evening of March, I always try to go to this restaurant when I come back in Lausanne. I know what I can expected.

The menu is diverse, french classic plates, local fish and or classic meet. My choice those night, was the Beef Filet Mignon with "cafe de Paris" sauce, season vegetables and house french fries. My friend took the veal chop, with pasta and season vegetables. Everything was excellent, the meat and especially the house french fries. As dessert, I took the "Cafe Gourmand", which is a cup of coffee with a sample of 3 desserts (Chocolate mousse, lemon cake as example).

I highly recommend this restaurant for the decoration, service and food. Prices are not expensive for this quality.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Staying at the Hotel Mirabeau Lausanne for a week, I dined each night at the hotel's restaurant.

Only parts of the restaurant's menu were in English, but I could easily manage with the help of head waiter who was most patient and helpful.

The dishes, mostly of french cuisine, are of high quality. Service is impeccable. Prices are very reasonable. I did not have any wine; the desserts were very elegantly prepared.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Perfect restaurant. The food is really good, the only problem is, a lot of food.Its not to far from the center of Lausanne what makes this restaurant a hood choice.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was there with clients. I was looking for a perfect local and typical brasserie. Chic but also casual place.
This restaurant's specialty are typical brasserie plates like steakhouse and grill room.The service was nice of not better than other luxury places. The plates well served and dressed, invited you to taste for sure ! :) the wine was excellent (a must try... the Gigondas !!)
If I was meticulous.. I could say that my entrance the "foie gras" poele was not enough cooked; in a sense that they had given me that top of the foie gras, thus it was a thick slice. the heart was not tender enough. But honestly it was nothing compare to the high quality service and food.
My clients were delighted. They had their "Chateaubriand" meat... melting in the mouth they told me. and enough food to have a second service :).
We were so full that we directly went to coffee service and not dessert. The coffee was accompanied with its "gourmandise".
A must try restaurant ! gobal grade...."A"