“Great Fondue by the lake”

Brasserie Restaurant La Riviera
Ranked #483 of 730 Restaurants in Lausanne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Went here for lunch on Saturday. Friendly service, nice wine and great Fondue du Fromage and free WiFi.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We chose the place as it was fairly occupied by locals, all speaking French. We had the "filets de perche", one with French fries and salad and one with just a salad selection. The food was good and very reasonably priced. With one bottle of mineral water and a 0,5L caraffe of rosé wine and an espresso coffee the bill amounted to CHF 82.30. Service was pleasant and friendly and thus we enjoyed our lunch.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Traveling on business, had a quick dinner here. The fillet du perche was excellent and the service was great. I'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

worst experience ever! bad food, bad service and expensive!
i was in Lausanne with my sister and brother and wanted to eat on the lake, so we stopped at "la riviera" around 13 30.....we finally ate at 15 20, I had ordered vegetables instead of fries and had received fries. I was so hungry by that time I didn't even bother to say anything.
when the bill (over priced) arrived I couldn't wait to leave I paid and did not leave a tip. I went straight to who was in charge and explained how terrible my experience had been and that I would never be coming again. He didn't seem to care.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

We waited 45 minutes when finally one starter arrived. My husband received his main course after I finished my starter and then they brought out his starter two minutes later! We were ignored by two waiters for water glasses; we had the carafe. Finally, my husband got up to get up the glasses himself. Very expensive for low quality (not even diner quality) food and horrendous service.

1  Thank Shanahla