Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
kipa
Piedmont

Really wanted to love this hotel!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jan 2022
I booked three rooms for a group. Two couples had lovely rooms that were comfortable and properly amenitized and well-priced. The group of 3 was given a suite that was essentially two rooms, one with a kingsize bed and a step down to a living area with an extremely uncomfortable sofa bed, a small toilet room, and a bathroom in the middle of the two rooms that had no door. It was quite a bit more expensive and simply not worth the extra cost. It also had ugly commercial gray carpet, was at the back of the hotel where it was very dark and did not feel very inviting. I really wanted to like this hotel as the interactions before arrival were good and we always got prompt responses to questions. They did organize a private driver from Lausanne to the airport in Geneva and I thought it was way more expensive than it should have been. Food at breakfast was good, although not a ton of variety of food. For example, there were scrambled eggs and potatoes, but no other breakfast meats and no other types of eggs. Fruit was a big bowl, nothing sliced or cut up. There was a cappuccino machine and cap drinks were included, so that was a nice perk.
We were not able to have three people in the suite, because the bathroom had no door and the shower was clear glass- what were they thinking? Also, my husband fell in the middle of the night because he didn't realize there was a step down - not a good idea to have such a step in a hotel, IMHO. He didn't break anything but was pretty banged up and very unhappy. Also, we had to get a COVID test 24 hours before returning home and the hotel was simply unable to provide any assistance with that. We ended up getting the information ourselves and taking care of that with help from our next hotel in Geneva.

One good thing was that this hotel was well located in Lausanne and that was a definite benefit. Would I stay again? In one of the regular rooms, yes, but in their "suite", absolutely not!
Date of stay: December 2021
Room Tip: Don 't get a suite at the back of the hotel. It was located on an airshaft . Plus, no door on...
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • ibis Budget
    £90
3.8 miles from Hotel Des Voyageurs Boutique
View more hotels in Lausanne
All reviews old town an upgrade love this hotel travel card the main railway station first floor single room hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2022

Located in the center of the old town of Lausanne, this is a perfect small hotel. We enjoyed its design room and the staff was friendly. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the vicinity. You may need to walk a bit if you come by car, because these are (mostly) pedestrian streets.
Good value for Lausanne.

Date of stay: December 2021
2  Thank Val J
Reviewed 23 July 2020

Perfect location in the heart of the city. Just be aware that access with car up to the front of the hotel is difficult to find and risky (pedestrian area full of people) on Saturdays at least. You're better off parking the car in Parking du Centre and walking 5 min to the hotel. The daily cost of parking (with hotel voucher) is only 15 CHF.
We got a really hearty welcome; the room was nice; and the breakfast, refreshing in a bright area.
Strongly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank brunofK3514GX
Reviewed 13 July 2020

A last minute trip to Lausanne and I decided to stay in this hotel, one street over from where I lived for 21 years. And I am really glad that I chose it. The first impression is the staff. The woman who checked me in was super friendly and helpful. When I got to my room I was impressed. Newly renovated, clean and modern with removable duvet covers and all white bedding which I prefer, and not those old fashioned bed spreads that 8 million people have touched.

The mattress was super comfortable. There was a portable air conditioning unit but I prefer sleeping with the window open. It can be a noisy neighborhood but on a Sunday night it wasn't bad, plus with the virus there weren't many people walking around so I slept well.

The only problem was that the shower leaked under the glass door onto the carpet a bit but I used the bathmat and a towel to sop it up. There should be a rubber gasket to block the space at the bottom of the shower door.

Breakfast was included but I didn't take advantage of it.

Room tip: room 37 was nice
Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Beaupeep99
Reviewed 28 May 2020

We were originally booked to stay here at the end of May 2020. Due to COVID-19 we had to cancel our trip. Switzerland had closed their borders to outside travelers. We originally booked in January under a non-refundable rate and didn't think much of it. Fast forward to May and cancelling... We had booked 5 hotels across Switzerland with non-refundable rates and this hotel is the only one who wouldn't give us a refund. To make matters worse they refunded the couple we were traveling with, but not us. The Front Desk Supervisor, Marina Elena was very rude over e-mail while I was trying to communicate to her that we literally couldn't travel to Switzerland. We had originally chosen to stay here based on the good reviews, but I would never stay here based on their lack of consistent policy, rude behavior, and inability to follow the precedent set by other hotels in Switzerland. If you choose to stay here don't expect to be treated well. Waste of money and time.

Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank bestanym
Nati Ramos, Directeur général at Hotel Des Voyageurs Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2020

Mrs. Murphy,

We are aware of the impact and the uncertainty caused by COVID-19, hospitality sector has been one of the more affected by situation.

However, we want to do our best and offer the possibility to customers who, like you, have decided to book a non-refundable rate to use this payment as a deposit valid for 12 months from the date of the initial booking, for a booking for yourself, your friends or your family.

In your case, as this proposal did not suit you, following your cancellation request, we sent you an invoice with the cancellation costs to transfer it to your travel insurance.

We remain positive and hope that the situation will be resolved very soon for all of us.

Take good care of yourself and your loved ones.

Marina Elena | Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 5 March 2020

I have stayed at this hotel just for 1 night. I liked very much the organisation of the rooms and the cleanliness. I didn't mind that my room (1 person) was small, it had everything I would need. The bed was very comfortable as well as the pillows. Breakfast was also very good. The location perfect. My only suggestion to add body cream in the amenities and maybe a pair of slippers is really not so important.

Date of stay: February 2020