“Very good quality hotel - Would recommend it!”
Review of Hotel de la Paix

Hotel de la Paix
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The hotel Is located close handsome of the high-end boutiques and also the old town of Lausanne. In addition, it also features a high-quality and fresh look, which is even more appreciated thanks to two things that I usually do not take for granted: a really nice and fresh breakfast buffet and secondly also a wonderful view over the Lac Leman.

I have often been disappointed by the infrastructure of Swiss hotels, which can sometimes be outdated. But not here: It gives a premium impression which was above and beyond what I expected - at an average / mid-range price tag!

The staff also did a good job, so there is really nothing to complain!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark39

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Only 10mins away from the train station, this hotel is well situated in the old town. So this is good if you're a walkabout kind of tourist. The room is quite large, and so is the bathroom, with thankfully a shower and not a bathtub which I dislike. However, this is 1 of those hotels that do not provide water nor toothbrushes so come prepared, unless you are ok to hunt for them outside. The tv channels are also all in french, and you need to prop 2 pillows to sleep properly. The breakfast is rather good though small in selection, and the dinner meu equally small in selection, somewhat passable in quality. There is free WIFI throughout the hotel which is good, though I made the mistake of hooking up the LAN line in the room and got charged

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the lake!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed here with a group of 20 cyclists on a Paris geneva cycling trip for our last night. I am not sure how thrilled I would have been at full rate but the rooms were well discounted and the hotel itself was really well presented with good facilities, excellent rooms and a well prepared breakfast.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Even though I live in Lausanne I had to stay one night at hotel de la Paix the night before my wedding. I booked a single room for one night at a rather expensive rate, but since it is a four star hotel I decided it was ok.

When I saw my room I thought I walked into a closet, the single rooms are SMALL, really SMALL with a tiny bed. For the price they charge I would have expected the rooms to be bigger.

The overall service was good, they have an underground parking and a bar that closes at one o'clock in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KonstantinDR
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I stayed in eleven different hotels in as many cities during my european vacation last april to May and Hotel de la Paix in Lausanne is one of the best. I requested a lake-facing standard room when I booked and they gave me a superior room facing the most beautiful sight I have seen! The room is big and has a balcony. It was spotlessly clean. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the sheets very white and clean. The carpet and furnishings looked very new and modern. There was free wifi in the room. I am extremely particular about bathrooms and this bathroom is excellent by any standard. It's big and very modern. Very very clean. There is a heater inside the bathroom which makes it very comfortable.

The staff were very helpful. I arrived early and they allowed me to check-in even though chek-in time was at 2 pm. Check-in and check-out were very fast. The receptionist who spoke very good english gave me and my daughter 2 passes for the public transport, valid for the two days we were there, which thankfully was convenient when we went down to the lake and explore the other parts of the city.

The breakfast included in the room rate is very good and of excellent quality. It was served in the hotel restaurant. We had dinner in this restaurant and the food was excellent.

The hotel is very close to the shopping area and the cathedral. There was a carnival going on when we visited and it was fun. Although our room faced the street and was located on the 2nd floor (3rd actually counting the ground flr as first), I could not hear any traffic noise at all.

We definitely will stay here again when we visit Lausanne .

Room Tip: Book early. Request for a lake-facing room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank b0h0l
Reviewed 16 May 2011

i stayed for3 days ,, frankly speaking , the room was out dated and the furniture was too old

the service was good n' the workers were honest .. ( my wife forgot a purple dress inside the wardrobe when we were travelling to interlaken ) and when i came back to ask about i found it clean and put in a nice bag .... thank you

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Very helpful staff, good room, very good restaurant, quite close to the railway station and the local metro. Banks and shopping nearby. The free internet was perfect for Skype.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple