I stayed at the hotel for business for 5 nights in Nov. The hotel seemed OK, it was pretty clean, but I'd expect much more than this for a 4 star hotel.
- quiet (rooms facing the courtyard)
- price, but it seems to be a norm in Switzerland
- room service - DO NOT order any food, I made a mistake twice. Once it was an over 30 euros omlette with veggies that turned out to be carrots & peas???? and second time it was supposed to be fish that arrived accompanied by some cold French fries swimming in oil, it was inedible
- a continental breakfast is included, but if you're vegetarian/vegan/eating healthy you may be disappointed...
- most rooms will not have queen beds with one large mattress, but two combined, which is very uncomfy if you're traveling as a couple (unless you don't like sleeping together)
- no large sheets, well yeah again for couples, some people actually like to share the sheets
- no reasonable fitness center or a pool
Overall, if I visit Lausanne again, I'd rather find smaller/boutique hotel with more atmosphere, but Hotel de la Paix still remains an option if needed as long as one avoids their room service....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Downtown Hotel in impressive seven-story, old-world building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel de la Paix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Lausanne
- Best Western Lausanne
- Lausanne Best Western