Victoria Hotel
Lausanne Palace(Lausanne)
US$449
Hotels.com
  • Pool
ibis Lausanne Centre(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$125
  • Room Service
ibis budget Lausanne Bussigny(Bussigny-pres-Lausanne)
US$79
US$73
US$191
US$183
  • Breakfast included
Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$319
US$302
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hotel du Port(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$143
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdated interiorgreat locationtrain stationfree transportation passclean roomsan upgrademain stationcentral locationold townroom servicepublic transportshort stayfree wifitwo nightslakeproximityswitzerland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed here as a single traveller for 2 nights in March 2013. It is a really short walk from the main station and the owner has put alot of thought into the decoration of the place. I stayed in Room 610 which is a single room with a single and half sized bed. The bathroom was done out really well and the room was clean / functional, although very hot when i got there and i could find no way of cooling the room down aside from opening a window (considering it was trying to snow outside i decided against this). The bed was ok comfort wise, but REALLY big thick pillows that i didn't find comfortable to sleep on at all. The walls seem quite thin i heard someone in a room near to me snoring most of the way through the night and i also made the mistake of leaving the inner door open and could hear every conversation in the hallway outside in the morning.. The gym is well equipped, but no aircon so i worked up a sweat very quickly. The staff are very pleasant and helped me out figuring out where i needed to go in the mornings and at what time. Meals in the hotel come from a microwave so don't expect any high end gourmet dinners..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel is nice and convenient for the train station which is literally across the road and also good for access to the town centre. My room was a little small and lacked certain amenities such as a kettle or iron although there is an ironing room. WIFI is CHF 20 for 3 days which, whilst not expensive, should be provided. The breakfast was very nice and had excellent choice. There are a number of nice restaurants within easy walking distance and the lake is a short walk. The hotel gym is not great - it has some equipment such as a treadmill, bike and cross trainer and some weight machines but was extremely warm as it is in the basement. It could benefit from a tv and a few free weights but served its purpose. The staff in the Hotel Victoria were extremely helpful and friendly and made staying here very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This hotel is very well situated close the train station but in a quiet street without traffic (just for parking for residents).
The entry hall is impressive. The staff formal but friendly
I stayed 3 different times in this hotel for business, twice in the same room (a kind of nice attention that they try to give you always the room you are used to it. The third time we had to book another room due to availbilites. It was a more expensive and bigger room on the 6th floor with a nice view.
In general
+ clean rooms
+ formal but nice and good service
+ good situation

+/- breakfast correct but nothing special

- old fashione room, heating system bad
- bed not comfortable
- no duvet only linen
- internet has to be paid
- doorman from 23 h means you have to ring to enter the hotel even if you have a roomkey, twice I waited more than 5 minutes in front of the door once we even had to call the hotel that somebody came to open and this with minus 8 degrees outside..

For my business trip it was ok but myself I would never go back to this hotel especially for the price they ask. I would rather go to Alpha Palmiers or Agora Swiss.

Room Tip: The rooms back side are even quieter and give to a little garden. 6 floor rooms might have a nice view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Marie N, Responsable relations publiques at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Sir,
First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to share your impression about the Hotel Victoria. We appreciate any suggestion that could help us to improve our services.
Following your remarks, our staff will take a few more minutes when they are showing the room to indicate clearly that in each closet, there is an extra duvet.
We also take your comment as an opportunity to remind to our night auditor how important it is to answer quickly at the door during the night. I sincerely apologize for this.
I hope that soon we will have another occasion to welcome you at the Victoria and I thank you once again for your interest.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

An elegant old building set back from the main street almost accross the road from the railway station, enetered by a long flight of stairs to a small recption area. Reception very helpful and polite. Escorted to me dull and dowdy overheated room, which has the advantage of being quiet.
The bar is deserted and the only food on offer is over priced bar snacks. Internet is extra as is the sauna.
The breakfast buffet was passable.
The decor is a hotch potch of uncoordinated random stayle and decoration, to the extent that it made one feel a little nauseous.
Not a place to gladden the heart or where you would look forward to laying your head.

1  Thank mottyandfluff
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Upon arrival, the hotel makes a decent impression. Interesting foyer, high ceilings and a nice, elegant feel to it. That's where the good impressions stop, I'm afraid.
After checking in, I was accompanied by a bellboy to the room. I said I did not need help as I only had a small one-day trolley with me, but the receptionist insisted on sending the bellboy (a 50 something individual). I had no Swiss Francs on me so could not tip him. As he left the room I heard him mutter something which did not sound like "have a nice stay"...

The rooms are small and give you that "well used" feeling about them. The bathroom is very basic, with 80s style fittings and I would defy anyone to have a bath in the tub. Upon shaving, the sink filled up immediately and could not drain (suggesting blockage) and the same happened when showering.
Unless you are on floors 5 and 6, you can practically take part in the conversations taking place in the reception area - the sound insulation is non existent. You hear every noise / sound from adjacent rooms - coughs, sneezes, people running taps / showering. Good job noone had sex, but then again, it was not the most romantic of places to do that...
The bed was relatively clean and comfortable but the (only) pillow provided was too high and hard. Good job I had ear plugs so I got some sleep.
Breakfast was decent and basic, nothing to rave about. You pay extra for wi-fi but you have the option to use a (dated) free desktop in front of reception, the location and orientation of which makes any privacy work impossible.
There are good point about the hotel - it's perfect if you are arriving by train, the staff speak English.. and... that's about it... For the price - avoid!

Room Tip: Take a room on higher floors
3  Thank Tremolo_arm