All reviews western hotels train station family room small shower helpful front desk staff a short min walk before noon old town lake view yogurt two sinks classic hotel lake geneva quiet room included in the room price sized bed would stay here again
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Hotel was well located near the train station and Hotel was really nice for food room cleanness. Staffs were very professional and very kind. They give all information whatever I needed. Room was so nice and luxury and comfortable. I love this hotel and I would recommend to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Byung Moon L,
I would like to thank for your great review and your recommendation.
We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was a short 10 min walk from the train station and what we thought was a good central location for visiting this city. We also loved the option of a “lakeview” room for an additional charge. We got checked in and given the keys to our room on the second floor. It was a large comfortable room with a large bathroom and two sinks. The shower was like a lot of European hotels with a step in tub and half door. Our room was a corner room so the street noise was rather loud with the windows open (to cool the always warm room). The “lake view” was practically non-existent with just a small portion of water showing between buildings. It is located a good mile from Lake Geneva. Although it is a “non-smoking hotel” they allow guests to smoke on their patios or balconies. Not good if you are a non-smoker as our neighbors smoke wafted into our room several times during our stay.

We found the staff to be friendly when we interacted with them first but other than housekeeping, no greeting was shared. The front desk staff was usually busy working behind the desk and some seemed a bit put out to have to answer our simple questions for directions or hotel services. There was not a warmth to our stay; it was business as usual.

We had breakfast both mornings and would recommend getting there earlier rather than later. Our first morning, there were a number of open tables to choose from, coffee service was quick and dishes were cleared quickly. The second morning, arriving just 30 minutes later, there were uncleared tables, those that were cleared had no place settings and the small buffet area was jammed with people, standing in the way of others while their bread toasted. There are no glasses near the juices or water so you just return to your table to get your glass, if there is one there! The self-serve buffet of cereals, breads, yogurts, eggs and meats with cheese was really lacking in the ability to self serve as several items were empty and infrequently refilled. It seemed to be an issue that could be easily resolved with more staffing.

Our check out took much too long. We were trying to catch a train and when we presented a Marriott Rewards certificate (that we had asked the reservation agent to note when we booked the room) the staff did not know how to handle this, even though it was valid internationally. They were concerned about the $30 US dollars being converted to francs. I was also told I should have shown them at check in to avoid waiting! I’m surprised they made us wait so they could figure it out. We even offered to settle our bill in USD if it would help.

All things considered, it’s probably an okay hotel for a couple of nights but I think our expectations were high due to the many other European Great Western hotels we have stayed at on our vacations.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment that caught my attention.

You should actually have had a superior lake view room (3rd and 4th floor) in accordance with your reservation and I would like to apologize. Indeed, you have to stay in one of our junior suite, room 216.

The past week was actually a busy week as we were full and I'm sorry to read that your breakfast experience was not satisfactory.

As far as the reward certificate is concerned, your travel agency (TSNI) did not provide us with this information and our front office manager did call Best Western to find out how to handle this card since we had not seen such a card yet.

Again I do apologize for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit to Lausanne so that I will make sure your stay will be perfect.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Upscale hotel with impressive lobby and restaurant with a convenient location close to local transit halfway between Ouchy and Old town Lausanne. Many rooms have nice view of Lake Geneva (worth an upgrade). Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear georgelU943AH,
I would like to thank you for your great review and highlighting the quality of the restaurant, the location, the view and the professionalism of the team.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Was on a two days business trip. Hotel is very conveniently located in 5 min walking distance to the train station. The staff is very helpful and friendly. My room was very comfortable, the bathroom a bit too small, but tolerable. The room was clean and the staff noticed my preferences in cushions after the first night and prepared the bed accordingly. Breakfast had great variety with warm sausages, bacon and scrambled egg, as well as a selection of ham and cheese. Vegetables and cereals complete the buffet.
Recommended for business trips, but also as a nice weekend couple hideout.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Singer666,
I would like to thank you for your great review and your recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Great location,just up street from train station and around the corner to the bus stop. Very lovely old style hotel and the staff was wonderful and helpful. Ask for a room that is on the side street as it is much more quiet than the main avenue de Gare. Nice breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: ask for room on side street as it is more quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Mirabeau-Lausanne, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Hotel Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Positano071403,
I would like to thank you for your great comments and highlighting the friendliness of the team, the location and the quality of the buffet breakfast.