“Olympic Museum completely renewed an wonderful !!!”

Olympic Museum Lausanne (Musee Olympique)
Book In Advance
US$231.88*
Day Trip to Montreux, Chaplin's World Museum and Chillon Castle
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Lausanne
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Olympic Museum was completely renewed and it is wonderful. If you have not yet gone, you should go. The museum and the park surrounding it and the beautiful view of the lake and mountains is something that you cannot miss. It worthwhile a visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,979)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Worth the visit, the building and the sculpture garden is already an attraction, and the expo is very interesting.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Having been to the Olympic Museum both before and after the major remodel, I can say they did an amazing job of making a good museum into a great museum.

We visited on a rainy day with our family of four (two boys, 12 & 8) and despite the rain still managed to enjoy the many sculptures leading up from the lake to the main entrance of the museum. Once inside, guests are treated to the history of the Olympics (both ancient and modern) a view into the life of an Olympian, and an astounding collection of sports memorabilia spanning the last 100 years. The final exhibit is a display of the various medals presented over the years.

Even if you're not a sports junkie, this place is inspirational. From the level of effort put forth to establish the modern Olympics to the amazing feats of human performance that we admire on the television every few years, the Olympic museum does a good job of capturing and presenting the entire Olympic Movement.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to this museum. If you like any kind of Olympic sport, you'll find something to treasure here. I'm a tennis fan, so I was really happy to see an outfit donated by Roger Federer. I was also touched at seeing a track shoe used by Jesse Owens in the 1936 Berlin Olympics.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am a person that likes the Olympics, not loves them. This museum surpassed all of my expectations! Great displays. Interesting displays of old ski equipment, skating, biking, the medals, the mascots, etc. it was most informative about the Special Olympics, for me. Also a display of the numerous torches was amazing. We'll worth our trip to Lausanne, wish I had allotted at least 3 hours, not just 1.5 hours there.