“Lunch yesterday”

Brasserie du Grand Chene
Reserve with
Brasserie du Grand Chene is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 705 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013

When I can't think of anywhere else I return to the brasserie at the Palace,usually here several times a month and always reliable.
Great choice of shellfish and Oysters to chose from as well as the a changing Plat du jour and substantial Menu.
Food reliable,lovely atmosphere and somehere you'd be comfortable on your own.My favourite place is either at the bar (very comfortable) or table 4.
My great friend Alex Boyer will tell you that it is wholly reserved for him but this is not the case,always ask for table 4 if you are no more than 4 people,if nothing else just to see Alex's tears when he realises somebody else is sitting at his table.
Enjoyed a very pleasant St Joseph at 72 Chf yesterday,so not overpriced.

1  Thank paulmontreux

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This brasserie is linked to the Palace hotel and has a nice atmosphere with, for Swiss standards, good service. Prices are not low, as basically every restaurant in Switzerland, but the quality of the food is excellent. Especially the seafood, oysters and langoustines, is very nice. A good choice of wine. Certainly a good place to go for business diners as it is not too formal and they can handle big groups but also for private dinners a nice place to go.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We chose this place because it was near. We were surprised with such a nice place. The service is very good and the sea food delicious.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We picked this restaurant based on all the raving reviews.

We were a party of 2, ordered soup for each, 12 escargot, pan fried fish and ground beef with foie gras and truffle sauce, with a bottle of red wine.

As said in the title, there was a broken piece of plastic in my french onion soup, and a swimming fly in my friend's red wine. and that's was not it, the sauce for the beef seemed to have overcooked, there was only burnt taste.

Maybe it was just a one time unfortunate event, but we most definitely will NOT come again nor will we recommend it to anyone. This restaurant is definitely not up to par in terms of food and service. Why should I pay such a high price and run the risk of having food that are not handled/cooked properly? There are simply too many other great places that 2 persons can go for a 175CH budget.

I have been to places where I feel things were way overpriced, but none has made me feel so dissatisfied, Grand Chene has definitely left a bad taste in mouth.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have eaten here perhaps 10 times. The description comfort food comes to mind. There is no new culinary ground being plowed here. Instead the menu consists of bistro classics correctly done. But that is precisely what entertains when one comes here. They have never put down a false foot. A Lausanne favorite.

1  Thank sfoeuroflyer