Tulip Inn Lausanne Beaulieu
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Lausanne Bussigny(Bussigny-pres-Lausanne)
US$124
Novotel
ibis Lausanne Centre(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Room Service
US$231
US$219
Lausanne Palace(Lausanne)
US$456
US$361
  • Pool
Hotel du Marche(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$99
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$175
  • Restaurant
US$226
US$198
  • Restaurant
Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Room Service
US$533
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewsshort staybusiness triprooms are cleanshort walkfree wifitulipsbedsreceptionistswitzerlandtv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I came here on business as Geneva's hotels were full, catching the last flight to Geneva. I arrived at the hotel at 12.30a.m., yes, just after midnight. Unfortunately, the receptionist hadn't a clue what he was doing. He didn't seem to understand that I had a reservation and persisted in thinking I'd just walked in off the street at that time of the morning on the off chance of a room. Clumsily he looked at his computer screen, frowning, and said he had my reservation, but there was no room for me! That's not what I want to hear at 12.30a.m., especially when I'd even called the hotel at 10am that morning to let them know I'd be arriving really late around midnight and not to give my room to anyone else. What sheer unprofessionalism! Then the receptionist said he had a room for CHF 330/night, CHF 100 more than the price at which I'd reserved, and he then said it was only a really tiny room. I said this was totally unacceptable. He mentioned he only had that room or a suite. I had to ask him to stay in the suite, and insisted I pay only the price at which I'd reserved a room.
The next morning at breakfast I complained to the manager. Instead of admitting there had been a serious lack of communication between the hotel employees, and that it was really unprofessional to tell someone at 12.30a.m. that they had no room, he tried to blame me and said I got the room I wanted! There wasn't even an apology! I walked out in disgust. I certainly won't be staying here again. I'm disgusted by their lack of professionalism, and I certainly don't expect to be treated like this. There's an IBIS just down the street, and it's closer to the train station. I'll go there next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is just a walking distance from the exposition centre on a side street making it a quite position. Public transport is about 6-8 minutes walk away. There is private garage, very helpful when traveling with a car and a little bar. No restaurant onsite but full breakfast is served.
Rooms are good in space and Internet connection is quite good and strong.
I was here just for one night on a business trip and I enjoyed the good sleep but I think if you are around as a tourist you might like to be more central. All in all a good place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank STEVE-CH-I
Reviewed 28 July 2013

In the Beauboug area, 10 minutes from the main station on the 3 and 21 bus, stop Presbytère. Don't be put off by the outside appearance or by the lack of character of the bar.

Room not overly large but OK for one person. Breakfast very acceptable and in general good value for money.
Personnel very friendly and efficient.
I will happily return.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The service was truly excellent! Staff was friendly, helpful and happy to accommodate a range of requests including breakfast in the room, many free of charge cups of tea with lemon and honey (I had a cold), ordering take aways and helping with internet connection. Nothing was too much of an effort. Wifi free and available throughout the hotel. Lovely lounge area to have some drinks you can order in-house, eat your take aways (with cutlery and plates provided by the hotel staff), and relax with a newspaper. The room was very spacious, clean; had minibar desk and digital TV. Location wise probably a 10 min walk to the centre. If I had to be picky, I'd say the hairdryers can do with an upgrade. All and all a very good hotel and an excellent stay. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose the non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChantellCoetzee
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is a nice hotel to stay at.
Breakfast is pretty good,. Not continental btw.
If you don't mind the outside look of the hotel,.. The rooms are very good..
But the tv can be a bit bigger :-)
Overall nice hotel