“Stylish place, good interior design”

Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Stylish place, good interior design”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place has quite an unusual interior design style; I really liked it. The rooms were really nice, comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. The gym was quite poor however, only one weights machine which was some weird multistation that tries to be everything, but doesn't do anything well. There are a couple fo cardio machines though.

I did find it incredibly difficult to plug anything in as there don't seem to be many plug sockets in the rooms. There's only one easily accessible one which means you have to plug your kettle in the sink which feels a little bit strange/dangerous. It's also not very convenient for using the iron, and you obviously can't charge your phones/PCs/devices at the same time either unless you bring your own extension cable.

Still a nice place though, good location, good deco.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for one night just to see the beautiful city of Lausanne. It's a beautiful hotel and is so particular that you almost feel like you are staying in a Swiss souvenir! We would stay here again and would recommend it. Advice: specify you're request so that you are not given a room on the bottom floor. The bottom floor is a little bit colder, the halls are narrow and there is a very strong smell of soap (must be near the laundry room). Apart from that, the hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: specify you're request so that you are not given a room on the bottom floor. The bottom floor is...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

On the plus side - It is very close to the station, a shortish cab trip from the Lake, stylishly designed and very clean. The minus side is, unfortunately, longer.

It is pretty expensive for what it is but the problems are all water related. The bizarrely shallow sink has all the electrics right next to it. The hairdryer is wired into the wall by the water and with only a very narrow ledge to put it on, but the kettle plug is even worse as you have to stand the kettle in the sink to make it work.

But as if the dangerous electrics and water are not bad enough the worst was yet to come. The main water system appears to run immediately behind the bed, possibly in the wall itself. The result is that it is like trying to sleep next to a particularly loud waterfall.

Having the noise running for 30 minutes from midnight on the first night was bad enough and I called reception as my initial thought was that it must be a leak. But to be woken at 1am and then 3am on the second night was exceptionally annoying and cost me a lot of sleep.

Not a hotel I would return to I'm afraid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CricketJames48
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 May 2014

When I first arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist, who got me checked in and gave me lots of useful information about Lausanne, as well as a card to travel free on the metro. The room was so nice. I was so happy when I got there and found a nice comfy bed, a clean shower and bathroom and just a generally nice, tidy and welcoming room. I couldn't be more impressed, my room was right next to an elevator and I didn't hear it once during my stay. If you are looking for somewhere nice, clean and friendly to stay in Lausanne, then I would absolutely recommend this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

You can check out my video of my time in Lausanne right here: http://youtu.be/o3TzejuhQsM

Room Tip: I requested to be on one of the higher floors which was lovely, I'm not sure what the rooms that...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely find, very clean and reception friendly and pleasant. Close to station and very quiet at night. I'd easily stay here again. My room was on the 8th floor and had a good view. Breakfast is on the 9th. Hotel has personality which makes a change.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

When we arrived there was no welcome at the reception, we were asked for our bank card details and told we would be on one floor down in room 230, the first shock we had was that the wash hand basin is only 4 inches deep, the toilet and shower is behind a red glass screen with clear circles, when you want to use the toilet or have a shower you can be seen from the bedroom.
We returned to the hotel about 10.30pm only to find that we could hear footsteps from the room above and banging doors ( ok I can't blame the hotel for that ) but when anyone in the floors above used the toilet or shower the water flushed down the pipes behind the wall in our toilet.
When this hotel was built, did no-one think of soundproofing or staff training how to welcome guests.
I think the Hotel Manager should stay in room 230 for a couple of nights as we did and write his honest report. - NEXT TIME I COME TO LAUSANNE THIS WOULD BE THE LAST HOTEL I WOULD STAY IN, IT WOULD BE QUIETER IN THE RAIL STATION.

Room Tip: If you decide on this hotel, insist on a top floor room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank retired2560
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Booked 2 interconnecting rooms as was travelling with children. The rooms were a good size and well appointed with a large TV and comfy beds. There was a bath with shower over and large basin/mirror. The only disappointment with the room was the fact that the wash hand basin had no door on it, so a lack of privacy. There was however a sliding door next to the toilet & bath. We appreciated the tea/coffee making facility. The fitness facility looked good, but we didn't have time to use it.
The hotel is located within a short walk of the metro station (Grancy) and we were given free metro/bus tickets by the hotel for the duration of our stay, which was extremely useful.
We would have liked to use the breakfast facility, but they charge CHF 25 per person and we couldn't justify this standard charge for the children as well!

Room Tip: They have some inter-connecting rooms if required.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family