I stayed two nights in August, 2013, at this Lausanne hotel. It is as nice a place to stay as I have ever experienced. It has understated elegance and a secluded feeling due to its interior courtyards. It is an extremely comfortable place to stay. I didn't go inside the next-door Beau Rivage, but I wouldn't have traded my hotel and room for anything else in Lausanne or many other places. The staff is highly professional and the front desk personnel were outstanding in every way.
My junior suite was spacious. It had a love seat, two armchairs, a coffee table and lots of closet and storage space. Tall windows made it a bright room. It was appealingly decorated with beautiful hardwood floors. The hotel and room were quiet. Air conditioning was excellent with precise temperature control and no blasts of air. Wifi internet access was free and good. The bed was excellent.
The large tiled bath had a walk-in shower with excellent controls and lots of hot water.
The breakfast buffet was good, but not outstanding. It cost 34 CHF.
I had excellent meals at three restaurants in the Angleterre/Beau Rivage hotel pairing. The highlight was the Japanese restaurant where I had a world-class sushi lunch. I couldn't get a dinner reservation at the Japanese restaurant which is small, but lunch was an excellent alternative. I had dinner at the French restaurant and at the Italian restaurant and both were fully satisfactory.
The front desk presented a free transit pass that made riding the Metro very easy. A boat ride to Evian on the south shore of the lake made a pleasant outing. The boat trip takes about half an hour.
The entrance to the hotel is easy to miss because it is via a narrow driveway connecting to Avenue d'Ouchy which is not the hotel address. But this contributes to the hotel's seclusion.
I would have liked to stay much longer at this very pleasant place. I will not consider any other hotel if I return to Lausanne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lake Geneva, facing the Alps and just five minutes from the centre of Lausanne, the Angleterre & Residence, offers a world of refinement, elegance and absolute calm. Divided into six pavilions dating from the 18th, 19th and 21st centuries, this one-of-a-kind hotel features contemporary decor with clean lines within walls steeped in history. The Italian restaurant "L'Accademia" invites you to discover its friendly atmosphere and warm designer decor. The heated outdoor pool at the Angleterre & Residence stands in the midst of a lush green garden and is open in summer. Otherwise, a fitness centre is at your disposal all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Angleterre & Residence Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angleterre And Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Lausanne