Hotel Angleterre is perfect! We just spent two nights there and can report that it really is as nice as you could ever hope for. The room was large and finished perfectly. Venetian plaster on the walls, mural on the ceiling, air conditioned, sound proofed window, room-darkening electric blinds, great view and lovely grounds. They also provide a card that gives you free access to the metro and buses.
As others have noted, it is an expensive place to stay but sometimes you just have to be prepared to pay more for the very best. Lausanne is an expensive place to visit so be prepared for everything to cost more than you would normally pay (especially alcohol, food and wine).
Stop reading and book now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lake Geneva, facing the Alps and just five minutes from the centre of Lausanne, the Angleterre & Residence, offers a world of refinement, elegance and absolute calm. Divided into six pavilions dating from the 18th, 19th and 21st centuries, this one-of-a-kind hotel features contemporary decor with clean lines within walls steeped in history. The Italian restaurant "L'Accademia" invites you to discover its friendly atmosphere and warm designer decor. The heated outdoor pool at the Angleterre & Residence stands in the midst of a lush green garden and is open in summer. Otherwise, a fitness centre is at your disposal all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Angleterre & Residence Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angleterre And Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Lausanne