I stayed for a week in Lausanne at the Angleterre. The hotel is situated in several building with a main building with a very good Italian restaurant and adjoining bar, a very modern reception building plus three other buildings, one which had a small, but very effective gym. There is also an outdoor pool on the premises.
This was a very pleasant hotel and even if I had a standard room I managed to get one with a view, but I could not find a way to sit in my room to enjoy it as the room was quite small... From others staying at the hotel it seems that the mini-suites in the main building are worth the little extra money in terms of extra size and nice lake view with balcony.
Staff service is prompt and makes you feel at home – a had a problem with my dry clean laundry, which was solved immediately. It is the kind of service you would like at a hotel where you stay a longer time.
The Italian restaurant is very good and frequented by outsiders – on a couple of nights we found out that the restaurant was fully booked – do ensure you make a reservation. On the other hand you will have no problem to find decent or even good restaurants within a couple of 100 meters walk from the hotel. Specifically I can recommend having dinner or enjoying a drink in the bar at the hotel across the street “Château d’Ouchy”. Outside is a lounge are which has a nice view, but is situated very close to the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lake Geneva, facing the Alps and just five minutes from the centre of Lausanne, the Angleterre & Residence, offers a world of refinement, elegance and absolute calm. Divided into six pavilions dating from the 18th, 19th and 21st centuries, this one-of-a-kind hotel features contemporary decor with clean lines within walls steeped in history. The Italian restaurant "L'Accademia" invites you to discover its friendly atmosphere and warm designer decor. The heated outdoor pool at the Angleterre & Residence stands in the midst of a lush green garden and is open in summer. Otherwise, a fitness centre is at your disposal all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Angleterre & Residence Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angleterre And Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Lausanne