“Friendly and professional service”

Angleterre & Residence Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Stockholm, Sweden
“Friendly and professional service”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed for a week in Lausanne at the Angleterre. The hotel is situated in several building with a main building with a very good Italian restaurant and adjoining bar, a very modern reception building plus three other buildings, one which had a small, but very effective gym. There is also an outdoor pool on the premises.
This was a very pleasant hotel and even if I had a standard room I managed to get one with a view, but I could not find a way to sit in my room to enjoy it as the room was quite small... From others staying at the hotel it seems that the mini-suites in the main building are worth the little extra money in terms of extra size and nice lake view with balcony.
Staff service is prompt and makes you feel at home – a had a problem with my dry clean laundry, which was solved immediately. It is the kind of service you would like at a hotel where you stay a longer time.
The Italian restaurant is very good and frequented by outsiders – on a couple of nights we found out that the restaurant was fully booked – do ensure you make a reservation. On the other hand you will have no problem to find decent or even good restaurants within a couple of 100 meters walk from the hotel. Specifically I can recommend having dinner or enjoying a drink in the bar at the hotel across the street “Château d’Ouchy”. Outside is a lounge are which has a nice view, but is situated very close to the street.

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room where you can sit and enjoy the lake view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently for business and was very happy with the property. The location was perfect right off the shore of the lake, very close to walking along the shore and good restaurants in the area. Room rate included a local public transport card, and the hotel is only a block from the local subway/train line. This takes you into town, and to the main train station, so is very convenient for getting around. The property itself is an older, classic looking property, spread across several buildings. It is in great shape, and the building we were in had good size rooms. Breakfast buffet was good, not outstanding, but had all the basics and was well done. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would likely stay here again when in the area and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MikeChippewa
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed this hotel for one night and wished I could have stayed longer to explore the town. I will say that I did have a hard time finding it at night since it's not well-marked, but once I was there I had no further problems. (And you should know that from Geneva it's a snap. You take a train, the metro and then walk for a few minutes. However, I found directions that said you should turn right at the lake when you get off the metro. In reality, you turn left.) In any event, the hotel is comprised of 4 buildings and I was in a small building closest to the lake. The room was modern, with a large, beautiful bathroom. Breakfast was nice and the staff was very helpful, polite and professional. It was really quiet, and, had I not suffered from jetlag, I'm sure I would've gotten a great night's sleep. The area around the hotel is beautiful and begs for a long walk. I hope to come back soon to take advantage of the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank miwohl
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I spent two night in the hotel, coming fot he Lausanne half-marathon. The hotel provided all the necessary comforts - spacious and clean rooms with comfortable beds and good-quality bed linen, large bathroom (L'Occitane toiletries were also a nice touch), receptions staff were very helpful and friendly, and the breakfast had a nice selection of food.

The location right next to the lake was also fantastic.

Just two things to mention - spa isn't always included in the rate and is actually placed in the hotel next door (even if not included, I do recommend paying for it extra, it was great) and if you come late for breakfast, the choice will diminish.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Lenzerheide, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a little pre-Christmas family gathering on Saturday evening at the Beau Rivage Palace next door to the Angleterre, and at first, I thought of booking at the Beau Rivage...until I saw the price. Booking.com offered us accommodation for the three parties that needed hotel accommodation at a price we would have had to pay for one room next door at the Beau Rivage. So we had a pretty good deal (around $220/night).

The hotel itself is very modern, entirely renovated, and we were given rooms with a view on the Lake Geneva....wow! The rooms are sufficiently spacious, the beds very comfortable, I had a separate toilet and a bathroom with a tub that was a little larger at the end to make taking showers more comfortable. Bathrobes and slippers were, of course, available. Overall, a really great impression. Very quiet - I slept with the window open, and was not disturbed by any noises. The view....breathtaking. You could just sit there all day... Or take a walk along the lake (which I did).

The service was excellent as well. Very attentive reception staff, which rounded off the picture.

Unfortunately, I had no chance of using the terrace or testing the breakfast...we had made different arrangements. Next time, I'll try this. And actually, it would probably be much nicer coming here in the summer than in early December when it was freezing cold.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thun, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 December 2013

First, we were very enthusiastic about the beautiful rooms and good views of the lake. But when we wanted to watch the World Cup Final Draw strike the TV and we missed the draw. Also the change of the receiver did not bring the necessary success. So we missed it.
The next thing we did not like to have the faded flowers for our welcome to our room. Then when the other morning the shower did not funktonierte we already made ​​our thoughts, whether we are home in a four star. It's not nice to write this, but unfortunately so were the facts.
We send this remarks to the director that they can go after the thing and the next guests can benefit from it. We did not get any answer from them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas B
beaurivagepalace, Manager at Angleterre & Residence Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear ToBi_Thun,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to read that you liked your room with lake view.
We are sorry that you missed the World Cup Final Draw, because the television was broken. However, our duty manager confirmed that our technical service tried to react as quickly as possible to solve the problem.
During the week of your stay our housekeeping staff put fresh wild roses in your room.
Unfortunately no member of staff was informed about your problem with the shower. We would have been glad to be of assistance.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again!
St Albans
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable, very efficient, exactly as would expect.....but at a price!
Great location, exemplary service, super comfortable rooms, bathrooms with robes and slippers........super indulgence.
Highly recommended......if you can afford....

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business