My wife and our 6 years old kid spent 2 nights in Beau-Rivage Palace from 30.03.2012 - 01.04.2012. Thanks to the great help and assistance of Mrs Hemmeler (Public relations and communications Manager), we were lucky enough to be upgraded in the Junior Suite number 209 on 2nd floor, with full lake view and balcony. This Junior Suite was just great and beautiful, especially the bathroom with a huge bath with jaccuzzi. The outside view was just breathtaking, lake Léman and mountains, just in front of you !
Upon arrival, the bell man came immediately, took our bags and was in charge of our car in a very efficient way. There was no queue at the reception and a visit of the Palace was organised for us by the excellent, professional and smiling Mrs Vanessa-Nadège Ducoloné, whom gave us all needful informations about the Palace history and future plans of renovation. Many thanks to Mrs Hemmeler and Mrs Ducoloné for their high class attitude and professionalism. We were definitively treated as privileged guests and had this feeling to receive a personnalised service which is very important for us.
We enjoyed 3 times the SPA area, the indoor swimming pool at 28 degrees Celsius and the large jaccuzzi at 32 degrees Celsius. Unfortunately, outdoor pool was still not opened due to the early time of the year. The SPA was absolutely clean and in very good condition. Sauna, turkish bath, tropical rain shower (excellent, to be tried after sauna) was of high class. Furthermore, additional towels, water, hair spray, shampoo, body cream, etc. were available at discretion.
We went to the restaurant La Terrasse for our breakfast. The food quality, the choices available and the top class service that was provided were just great. I would like to give a special mention to Mr. Emilien for his exceptionnal attention, working attitude, high class service and top motivation in doing his job that he was showing us during our both breakfast. Those kind of staff are making the true reputation of Palaces ! Congratulations Mr. Emilien, good job ! Continue like this.
We also found out that there are actually 2 different Palaces !!! One is the Beau-Rivage (150 years old) that is the main original building and the Palace which is 100 years old and located next to the Beau-Rivage. Personnally, we prefered to stay in the Beau-Rivage, due to its location and it's view on the garden and terrace.
So, to resume our memorable stay :
Positive points :
1) Top class service provided by highly professional and efficiant, smiling staff.
2) Very clean and silent Palace.
3) 15 beautiful roses were waiting for us upon arrival in our Junior Suite nbr 209 !!!
4) Large jaccuzzi inside the SPA area, at 32 degrees.
5) View from rooms with lake view is a must, best on balcony.
6) Personalised service.
Points to be improved :
1) We did not like the fact that so many dogs were running, barking and generally speaking, accepted, without any restriction inside the Palace, garden, bar and rooms !!! For noise, kids safety and hygiene, there should be some restrictions. During our stay, we saw 2-3 dogs running totally free from any lead in the garden !!!
2) Safety speaking, anybody can come from the lake side, enter inside the garden area and then be in the Palace ! It is not safe, there should be a control of whom is coming. Are they guests, restaurants or bars clients or just curious people walking around, watching guests...?
3) The mattress of our bed was to soft.
4) Little detail, but I informed Mr. Emilien in restaurant La Terrasse that sugar should not be inserted in single piece, inside a small transparent plastic bag that you hardly can open. As per his words, he informed his Manager and they will improve soon this point, very good reaction and decision ;-).
Well, that's it. It was really a marvellous and high class stay for us. We will definitively come back to enjoy the beautiful Beau-Rivage Palace and the lake area. I will soon add some photos/videos of our stay, so you can have a clear idea of what is written in my review.
Enjoy your stay as much as we did :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 10 acres of private gardens on the banks of Lake Geneva, only 40 minutes from Geneva Airport, the elegant Belle Epoque buildings of the Beau-Rivage Palace, a Leading Hotel of The World, command breathtaking views across the lake and Alps. The 168 guest rooms and suites are richly appointed and offer the utmost in elegance and comfort. Luxury 8 Executive suites were created to be different and unique in style. The restaurants provide guests ample cuisine from which to choose. From the 2 Michelin star restaurant “Anne-Sophie Pic au Beau-Rivage Palace” to the “Cafe Beau-Rivage”, the Italian restaurant “L’Accademia” and the refined sushi restaurant “Miyako Lausanne”. The Cinq Mondes Spa offers pure relaxation on over 1,500 square meters; discover the beauty rituals from the world over. The Beau-Rivage Palace provides impeccable service including also a special kids program to make your stay truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beau-Rivage Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beau Rivage Palace Lausanne