Unfortunately I spent only one night at the Beau Rivage, as I was on a business trip.
Even if it was really short, I really enjoyed every minute of my stay at the Beau Rivage which is now of my best hotel experience in Europe.
- Overall impression : the hotel is extremely impressive even for a guy like me (I prefer contemporary and design hotels to the Grande Dame style)
- Room : nothing to say, it is extremely nice and comfortable. Decoration is a bit old fashioned, and not my favorite but this is only a personal opinion.
- Bulgari products in the bathroom
- Jacuzzi style bathtub in addition to a separated shower cabin
- Excellent quality of service (escort to the room, use of your name during every interaction, effective and friendly...). I will relate a short story that demonstrates the high level of service you can find
- Spa : really a highlight of the hotel. The spa is spectacular with two large swimming pools, a big jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath, luxury cloackrooms...
- Location in Ouchy along the Lake
- Free internet access (it seems normal when you pay 400 euros a night but it is not always the case for 5-star hotels...)
- Lack of (effective) technology : the TV management system is way too complicated and slow. Moreover some TV channels were not working as well as the MP3 player input
- Lights in the bathroom : impossible to have a dim light in the bathroom. Not really pleasant if you want to relax in the bath.
One short story to finish my review that demonstrates the excellence of service.
Before I went to the spa, I notified the front desk that the mp3 input was not working. When I left the spa, the staff there told me that a Bose soundsystem was brought to my room in replacement of the broken MP3 input.
And moreover, after completing the feedback form, I had additional (and really nice) apologies from a Supervisor.
This is really an hotel where they do care about customer satisfaction and where excellence means something and is not only a vain word. Can't wait to go back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 10 acres of private gardens on the banks of Lake Geneva, only 40 minutes from Geneva Airport, the elegant Belle Epoque buildings of the Beau-Rivage Palace, a Leading Hotel of The World, command breathtaking views across the lake and Alps. The 168 guest rooms and suites are richly appointed and offer the utmost in elegance and comfort. Luxury 8 Executive suites were created to be different and unique in style. The restaurants provide guests ample cuisine from which to choose. From the 2 Michelin star restaurant “Anne-Sophie Pic au Beau-Rivage Palace” to the “Cafe Beau-Rivage”, the Italian restaurant “L’Accademia” and the refined sushi restaurant “Miyako Lausanne”. The Cinq Mondes Spa offers pure relaxation on over 1,500 square meters; discover the beauty rituals from the world over. The Beau-Rivage Palace provides impeccable service including also a special kids program to make your stay truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beau-Rivage Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beau Rivage Palace Lausanne