“One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in”
Review of Beau-Rivage Palace

Beau-Rivage Palace
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Lausanne
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Set on the banks of Lake Geneva, the Beau-Rivage is definitely pitched upmarket with rates to match. That said, the service, rooms and general surroundings are simply fantastic. Te breakfast is served in the large semi circular conservatory extension over looking the lake and outside of Gleneagles, is just the best breakfast ever - allow a couple of hours and don't eat too heavily the night before! Clientele is a mix of rich and mega rich retirees and the odd well heeled businessman - I was booked to stay in the sister hotel next door which had closed for Christmas. If you go at Christmas, the tree in the lobby that is 4 floors high is pretty impressive.

Room Tip: Rooms with a lake view command a premium but well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Heath J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Life changing event alert: This morning I had homemade hot chocolate at the Beau Rivage Palace hotel for breakfast. It is to hot chocolate, what Turkish coffee must be to American coffee (not that I know the first thing about coffee). It is thick, dark and universe altering. Business trips almost never result in such finds, but this one did. Truly amazing. I stayed here for an arbitration, which was held here in the hotel. The hotel is magnificent, the service is superlative and the business convenience is high. The bed was confortable and the pillows were heavenly.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 104 not facing the Lake and it was just fine for my purposes. Definitely plan on ha...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was unsure what to expect actually. And from my arrival to a beautiful lobby filled with fresh cut flowers, to my amazing room overlooking Lake Geneva, i was blown away. actually staying there in June again. The hotel is a mixture of old and modern, but done well. Not to different, but such elegance, warmth and class. It is my new Favourite hotel in Switzerland. Beautiful restaurant for breakfast and lunch with views if italian Alps, huge hallways, and excellent rooms and meeting space. And i great location to go to Montreaux, Gryeres, Geneva or the Alps. Highly recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Of course like all hotels, there are various price categories . You view the gardens, or the side st...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I must say, that this hotel is the Grande Dame of them all. It is beautifully situated in Lausanne along the water. There is such lush green space and plants, beautiful pool and a very good spa available with extensive services. The food is superb and there is much attention to detail. The views from the rooms are spectacular, facing Lake Geneva. It is an elegant Hotel that is quite reserved. Although it is very expensive, the "pearl" on the lake is the number one destination in Lausanne.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The terrace of the Lobby Lounge is great thanks to its view, space and relax atmosphere. Unfortunately, all these advantages are spoiled by the attitude of a waiter called "E. Marchal" and his nasty and hypocrite comments towards the clients.
We are frequent customers of this place (terrace and inside).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gouteur_nicois
beaurivagepalace, Manager at Beau-Rivage Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Gouteur_nicois,

Thank you very much for your comment. We are sorry to read that you didn’t have a good experience at the Lobby Lounge during your last visit. It is very important for us that our guests feel welcome and that an excellent service is ensured.
We passed the information on internally and invite you to contact us if you would like to discuss your visit in further detail.
Although you didn’t have a very positive experience last time, we would be glad to welcome you again very soon!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

It was a night in December 2012. My companion wanted to surprise me on my birthday by inviting me to my favorite restaurant!
Here we are at the Beau Rivage Cafe, Lausanne or a special romantic dinner.
1st mistake: the waiter did not who ordered what, so he had to ask us ( thing that not used to happen before ......)

2nd disappointment, I always order my favorite menu there "filet de perche" but this time frankly , I was disappointed !!!! they were not as always , I guess there is a new chef......

3rd and biggest disappointment for such an establishment, when we got out from the restaurant all our clothes smelled the frying !!! I couldn't believe it !!! our table was in the middle of the restaurant maybe a bit close to the kitchen, so what ? in such places this is a NO NO thing, whether you had a table at the windows, in the middle or back....
Honestly, It was a big disappointment for my companion and myself.
It is also a bit sad, since it was my favorite restaurant ever!!!
What a pity.....

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna J

Dear Anna J,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very sorry to read that your birthday dinner at the Café Beau-Rivage didn’t meet your expectations. We took good note of your remarks and discussed them internally. A high service standard as well as the quality of the food are very important for us.
We hope that this one time experience won’t stop you from eating at the Café Beau-Rivage where you are always welcome!

Reviewed 3 January 2013

On my way from Paris to Rome I took what turned out to be an inspired choice, to stop over in Lausanne. I was upgraded to a lake and Alps view room, and my attached image will testify to the grandeur of the view. I have stayed at a number of 5 star establishments in Europe and Asia Pacific, and this would be the best I have experience. Even though it was a one night stay, the level of service was superb. My driver and the hotel staff were still outside when I entered the lobby, and was addressed by name and greeted immediately. A nice touch.
I dined in my room both for dinner and breakfast, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the meals impeccable. The old world elegance of the Beau-Rivage Palace is enhanced and you explore the many elegant ballrooms and see the pictures of the meetings of heads of state that took place here over the last century.
The hotel is ideally located on the shore line and the metro is a short walk away to reach the centre of the old city.
Finally, on my return to Melbourne I received a very nice email from Alexis thanking me for my stay, and again demonstrating attention to detail in knowing my destination after Lausanne.

If you are a "spare no expense" type of traveller, do not miss this hotel, and it's Michelin starred restaurant. If your budget does not normally run to this, make an exception this time!

Room Tip: A Lake view is almost compulsory
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lausanne
Hotel Royal Savoy Lausanne
Movenpick Hotel Lausanne
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind
14 mi away
Fairmont Le Montreux Palace

Been to Beau-Rivage Palace? Share your experiences!