“A great stay”
Review of Chateau d'Ouchy

Chateau d'Ouchy
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is a very well renovated and refurbished chateau right by the lake, on a busy function.
Our room was lovely, a good view of the lake and extremely we'll furnished in the usual neutral colours but well done. The wardrobe space was good and enough drawer space for a longer stay.
Bed linen, duvet and pillows were all excellent quality and provided us with a luxurious sleep.
For me the bathroom was superb, it was large with big bath and separate shower stall, plenty of space for all the bits and pieces you want to store in the bathroom without them either getting wet or falling on the floor!
Downstairs the lounge area was perfect for a coffee or afternoon tea, the bar area I was not so impressed with - it could be verging on gaudy.
At the end of my holiday I realised I had left a couple of items at the hotel and returned to see if they had them, they did and we're all packed up safely - top marks!
Beware, they have a tiny car park and take care getting into it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy. I hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.

Pablo Pizarro

There are newer reviews for Chateau d'Ouchy

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The beds were quite firm but we have found this is the case all over Europe. Good sized modern bathroom with large walk in shower. We didn't have the breakfast at the hotel as there are plenty of cafés outside the hotel. We did have dinner in the restaurant and we enjoyed the food very much. There is a nice outdoor bar that served a very good gin and tonic. Reception, bar staff and restaurant staff were all very polite and helpful.
I do wish the hotel industry had a standard check in time. This hotel has a three o'clock check in. Having said that our room wasn't ready until three thirty.

Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy and specially our restaurant and gin and tonic at the Bar. I do apologize that your room was not ready at 3.00pm and.

I will be sure to share the nice comments to my staff as well I do hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for six nights in the Chateau d'Ouchy. Our corner room was lovely -- a view of the lake and of the park. The room would have been ideal had the mattresses been more comfortable. They were the most firm hotel mattresses I have ever slept on, and the mattress pad was ridiculously thin. I ended up asking for a duvet so I could put it between the sheet and the mattress. The linens were fabulous (silky soft); I just don't understand why the mattresses were so hard and uncomfortable. That said, the staff immediately changed out the mattress after the first night, but the one they used as replacement was just about equally firm. So I didn't sleep all that well -- sore hips from sleeping on my side (my husband, who never complains about mattresses, also found them uncomfortable). It's the first time that has happened in our extensive travels. The staff, however, was excellent, the bar area/reception area lovely, and the location fabulous. My husband and I enjoyed evening walks along the lake promenade. Just beautiful. We'd stay here again if the mattresses were softer! One other complaint: the breakfast should be included in the room price! It cost 30 Swiss francs per person -- way too much for a mediocre breakfast. Our hotel in Zurich had a fabulous breakfast that was included in the room price. Chateau d'Ouchy should follow suit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy and enjoyed our wondering corner room.

I will be sure to share your comments about the mattresses and breaksfat with my staff. I hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I strongly recommend Chateau d'Ouchy. Our room was excellent - large, clean, very nice spacious bathroom, plentiful shelf and closet space. Very comfortable bed and Frette linens and towels. The only downside was the dim lighting. There were wall sconces near each side of the bed, but they are not adequate as reading lights - too dim and too far from the bed. The bathroom had one bright light over the mirror, but your face was in shadow or partial shadow (depending on your height). Not at all useful for seeing clearly for shaving or putting on makeup. The location is right on the waterfront at Ouchy, and the very easy to use Metro is a 1 minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Every time in Ouchy, I will have one night an al fresco dinner with friends on this nice (and quite!) terrace. Food and Service are excellent. There is no traffic nearby what makes it a wonderful place to enjoy food and discussions with friends. I have very much appreciated the kindness and flexibility of the service team - thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Genopen
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a very interesting and top drawer hotel in all aspects. A amazing lake view and breathtaking scenery; The location is in a nice part of the city and all places are easy reachable on foot;
The hotel is of a very high standard and well run , could not find any faults.
High price but well worth the stay; Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank thaikwai
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just had a wonderful 4 days at this beautiful hotel. Right on the lakeside, the views are terrific, the food is great and the cocktails even better. We stayed in a junior suite, perfect for us and 2 chidlren - lots of space. It's a quick hop on the metro to the old town of Lausanne, but there's plenty to do also on the lake front - the Olympic Museum (definitely worth a visit, for all ages), pedaloes, and just strolling along with everyone else in Lausanne, it would seem! My only niggle was that their pool was closed for cleaning, so we had to go to the Lausanne Palace and Spa in the town centre to swim. It's only 5 stops on the metro, and is an experience in itself, though.

Room Tip: Rooms that face away from the harbour are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy. and our cocktails :-). I hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.