“One of the most beautiful hotel in Lausanne”
Review of Le Chateau d'Ouchy

Le Chateau d'Ouchy
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Crema, Lombardia, Italy
“One of the most beautiful hotel in Lausanne”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was in this beautiful hotel in June, simply exciting experience. People kind, rooms so elegant and charming, the position is just THE position...no other hotel can give you the same....The restaurant and the breakfast corner have a very beautiful view...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FabioMorana
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Le Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy. I hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.

Pablo Pizarro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had no major expectations since Swiss hotel rooms are usually disappointing when compared to other equivalent European or American hotel standards. However this one had incredible charm and flair, great design combining old and new, young dynamic service from reception to the restaurant and lobby bar. It was one of the trendiest hotels I've seen in Switzerland and didn't expect to find it inside a castle. Both Luxury and Standard rooms were beautiful and very comfortable (although pillows are a mistery to me in Europe, most of the time totally unergonomic). Breakfast was served in a great room with lots of Sun, with the option to have it by the terrace outside facing the lake. The hotel also offered public transportation tickets which we gladly used (we were a group of 8 and it was impossible to get around by car) and the possibility to use the SPA of the Lausanne Palace downtown, which we also enjoyed. We were at walking distance from the Olympic Museum which was incredible.

Room Tip: We had a lovely standard room with a low ceiling.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy the trendiest hotel in Swtizerland. I hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.

London
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is a very well renovated and refurbished chateau right by the lake, on a busy function.
Our room was lovely, a good view of the lake and extremely we'll furnished in the usual neutral colours but well done. The wardrobe space was good and enough drawer space for a longer stay.
Bed linen, duvet and pillows were all excellent quality and provided us with a luxurious sleep.
For me the bathroom was superb, it was large with big bath and separate shower stall, plenty of space for all the bits and pieces you want to store in the bathroom without them either getting wet or falling on the floor!
Downstairs the lounge area was perfect for a coffee or afternoon tea, the bar area I was not so impressed with - it could be verging on gaudy.
At the end of my holiday I realised I had left a couple of items at the hotel and returned to see if they had them, they did and we're all packed up safely - top marks!
Beware, they have a tiny car park and take care getting into it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The beds were quite firm but we have found this is the case all over Europe. Good sized modern bathroom with large walk in shower. We didn't have the breakfast at the hotel as there are plenty of cafés outside the hotel. We did have dinner in the restaurant and we enjoyed the food very much. There is a nice outdoor bar that served a very good gin and tonic. Reception, bar staff and restaurant staff were all very polite and helpful.
I do wish the hotel industry had a standard check in time. This hotel has a three o'clock check in. Having said that our room wasn't ready until three thirty.

Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy and specially our restaurant and gin and tonic at the Bar. I do apologize that your room was not ready at 3.00pm and.

I will be sure to share the nice comments to my staff as well I do hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for six nights in the Chateau d'Ouchy. Our corner room was lovely -- a view of the lake and of the park. The room would have been ideal had the mattresses been more comfortable. They were the most firm hotel mattresses I have ever slept on, and the mattress pad was ridiculously thin. I ended up asking for a duvet so I could put it between the sheet and the mattress. The linens were fabulous (silky soft); I just don't understand why the mattresses were so hard and uncomfortable. That said, the staff immediately changed out the mattress after the first night, but the one they used as replacement was just about equally firm. So I didn't sleep all that well -- sore hips from sleeping on my side (my husband, who never complains about mattresses, also found them uncomfortable). It's the first time that has happened in our extensive travels. The staff, however, was excellent, the bar area/reception area lovely, and the location fabulous. My husband and I enjoyed evening walks along the lake promenade. Just beautiful. We'd stay here again if the mattresses were softer! One other complaint: the breakfast should be included in the room price! It cost 30 Swiss francs per person -- way too much for a mediocre breakfast. Our hotel in Zurich had a fabulous breakfast that was included in the room price. Chateau d'Ouchy should follow suit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Le Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Château d’Ouchy and enjoyed our wondering corner room.

I will be sure to share your comments about the mattresses and breaksfat with my staff. I hope to welcome you back on your leisure travels to Lausanne.

NYC
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I strongly recommend Chateau d'Ouchy. Our room was excellent - large, clean, very nice spacious bathroom, plentiful shelf and closet space. Very comfortable bed and Frette linens and towels. The only downside was the dim lighting. There were wall sconces near each side of the bed, but they are not adequate as reading lights - too dim and too far from the bed. The bathroom had one bright light over the mirror, but your face was in shadow or partial shadow (depending on your height). Not at all useful for seeing clearly for shaving or putting on makeup. The location is right on the waterfront at Ouchy, and the very easy to use Metro is a 1 minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Le Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this review, 10 July 2014

Brussels
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Every time in Ouchy, I will have one night an al fresco dinner with friends on this nice (and quite!) terrace. Food and Service are excellent. There is no traffic nearby what makes it a wonderful place to enjoy food and discussions with friends. I have very much appreciated the kindness and flexibility of the service team - thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Genopen
Chateaudouchy1, Directeur général at Le Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this review, 27 June 2014