“Excellent burger, but fast food atmosphere”

Holy Cow! Gourmet Burger Company- Cheneau De Bourg
Ranked #11 of 724 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: At this time we do not take reservations, however there is plenty of seating so come on by!
Reviewed 4 October 2013

These is, with zoo burger, my favourite place for burgers in Lausanne. I would say that on the pure burger value, these are probably even better. My problem with Holy Cow is that it feels like a fast food place, where you cannot stay for long. And this does not work for me since if I pay 20+ francs for a meal (with drinks) I'd like to be able to enjoy peacefully. In summary, real good burgers, a bit pricey, and probably better to get to go than staying there.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Holy Cow is were I go when I want good meat, at a reasonable prize. There are basically two choices: either you take a burger, or the chicken. Plus, you can add fries. Together with a boisson, you'll pay around 20 CHF.
I recommend the simple burgers or the one with avocado: delicious. There are also others with fancier ingredients (like chorizo, blue cheese, red onion jam, pineapple, teryaki sauce, ...), but to my opinion they're not as good.

The concept of the food is: simple, of good quality, and environmental-friendly. So the meat is ecellent, but beware! Everything here is 100 % Swiss, from the potatoes to the drinks, so don't ask for a Coke or for int'l beers.

The layout follows the same concept of the food: recyclable cutlery, tables of concrete wood, and almost no service - you will be given a number, then wait at the table (if you find a spot! it is always very crowded) for a waiter to bring your food. The hall is often very hot in summer, so finish your burger and run away!

1  Thank Rashky
Reviewed 15 August 2013

It was dinner time and the place was full. For me, seeing a packed restaurant is always a good sign. It means that the place is serving good food. Or maybe people, like us, are just curious :-) Fortunately, the first theory prevailed. The burgers were hefty, juicy, tasty, but a bit pricey. This was a nice quick stop in Lausanne.

1  Thank Walter L
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've never eaten a burger like this before! Also the staff is very friendly and you never have to wait long for the burger. But the main reason to go there really is the taste of the burgers!
The prices are a little bit higher than McDonalds for example, but for the quality you get it's still very cheap. They also buy their ingredients from local farmers and they pay attention that this ingredients are organic. I hope there will be soon more of the Holy Cow restaurants! It's fantastic!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

One of the best burgers I ever ate!! Awesome and very friendly staff! Definitely must try. Prices are very good and location is great! I recommend it

1  Thank Marc N