“Great Hotel with great history”

Lausanne Palace & Spa
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed there for an Event. When we arrived at the reception our room (Junior Suite) was not ready yet so they gave us a Suite without any comment - for free. Really helpful people at the reception and the best Concièrge from the french speaking part of Switzerland. I can highly recommend the breakfast. Also a very nice view from the room. Outstanding proper everywhere and great beds!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank sammarste
There are newer reviews for Lausanne Palace & Spa

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Lausanne Palace and Spa is history and quality. Rooms are perfect. Service is excellent. Food is great. And the SPA is definitely a unique place to hang out and relax. Management aims at very high levels of quality in every department. Lausanne Palace and Spa is just 1005 Swiss quality - give it a try, you'll understand what I mean.

Room Tip: Try rooms with lake view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EtiennE111
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was at the palace for dinner and drinks with a few friends. We dined at the Mediterranean restaurant, a little disappointed by the atmosphere however our charming waitress Myriam made up for the cold atmosphere. The food was good, however no understanding to why we were refused fries. The restaurant is part of a hotel and yes maybe the kitchen didn't make fries but it's always possible request them from the other kitchens considering the fact that the hotel has a up to 3 restaurant outlets. We had the seabass and I highly recommend it. The dessert menu wasnt up to our taste and we requested to have it in the Brasserie which Franck the extremely hospitable maitre d'hôtel organized. I was surprised by a candle that came with my dessert as it was my birthday. Excellent service, excellent staff. It was their attention to the small details that made up for all their faults. Your staff are your gold!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was lucky enough to spend a night at this wonderful hotel on a business trip to Switzerland recently. You can feel the five star quality as soon as you walk in and the room was fantastic very spacious and more like a suite and a huge bathroom with a separate toilet, bidet and basin which I eventually found! The mini bar was free (non alcoholic) but a nice touch and there was plenty of wardrobe space. The room was clean and comfortable. My only criticism was that the traffic on the main street could be heard quite clearly as I was on the first floor. WiFi was included in the room charge. Service was friendly and efficient. The hotel is on the expensive side at 350 CHF a night but it is the Palace after all. I also had lunch in the main restaurant which commands fantastic views over lake Geneva and the mountains beyond. It has an extensive and expensive wine llist so it was just as well I was there on business. We chose a bottle of a five year old Pouillac at 130 CHF which was delicious. The food was exceptionally good and the service was excellent too. I would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant if you are doing business in Lausanne.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 6 September 2013

After many years of absence I returned to this nice Palace in the heart of Lausanne and found back a perfect service starting from the dorman over the concierge to réception.The director did remain the same as when I was there some 30 years ago and that is the signe of a well managed timeless atmosphère ...can only recommend

Room Tip: View lake rooms do offer Nice view on Lake Geneva and are very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean F
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Beautiful old palace. Service was impeccable. Room was lovely with great views. We had a junior suite, plenty of room and very comfortable bed.great view over the lake with our own deck. Free mini bar with water and soft drink. Bathroom excellent with good products and great shower

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dogsey
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at the Lausanne Palace & Spa last week and loved my stay! The rooms were beautifully refurbished with a lot of taste & style. The service was great as always. I highly recommend it. I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room 611! Views and design are amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple