“Outstanding”

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Danville, California
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It is easy to summarize our visit to Lausanne Palace--outstanding in every way. The hotel is beautiful and our room had a breathtaking view of the lake out french doors. The staff here will go out of their way to solve any issue or fill any request. I had computer problems and the young lady at the front desk was most helpful, ultimately loaning me a computer to use. I only wish I could go back to Switzerland more often and enjoy the luxury of this gracious palace! The restaurants are all quite expensive but that is the norm for Switzerland. There is a lovely patio bar which is enjoyable for an afternoon glass of wine, and several other dining venues are available as well. The location is great for shopping or getting to the train station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SRTurney
LausannePalace, Manager at Lausanne Palace & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear SRTurney,

Truly thank you for taking the time to leave a warm and detailed review on your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and you valued our service.

I will share your generous comment with our team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Alexandra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Indonesian first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is truly one of the finest hotels in the world not too mention the stunning location overlooking the lake and the mountains. Gracious, friendly, professional and a welcoming staff greet you upon arrival. In fact, the staff remains at the ready 24/7 and we experienced nothing less than perfection. We enjoyed a relatively brief stay but our every wish was met. Seriously - the spa was busy but somehow we managed to put in a request and delighted when we received calls for appointments. The spa is heaven on earth. The true miracle performed by the concierge staff was finding, purchasing and delivering a much needed extra suitcase on a Sunday afternoon. Yes, in Switzerland on a Sunday when NOTHING is open they took extraordinary efforts required to satisfy this( perhaps unreasonable) request of ours.And, it was the perfect suitcase.
Having arrived from Paris I took a moment to catch my breath when I walked into my room...I mean my exquisitely appointed room with a sensational view, chaise lounge, incredibly comfortable bed with lovely linens. I actually laughed when I walked into "le bain" as it was also luxuriously appointed and larger than my home. It's hard to leave the view, luxury and comfort of the rooms...but like I stated earlier...the spa is heaven. Outside is wonderful too - explore Lausanne.
Dining. We only dined on Level B for breakfast and one dinner. It was just perfect and the service was as tip top as anywhere else in the hotel. We loved our server on our last evening - and the food as well!
Spa. There is a reason that you would go to a spa in Switzerland so let's just start with a high standard. They offer amazing treatments which realistically you would need to stay for several days to enjoy. If you are planning on staying here book your spa treatments in advance. They also offer facials and massages that you will never forget. We had our mani/pedi lying down! I don't know how they did it but the experience and the results were fabulous.
This hotel offers a completely luxurious eperience to their guests. If you have stayed at the Balmoral in Edinburgh, The Beverly Hills Hotel in LA it's in that company.
Divine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank janetraveller
LausannePalace, Manager at Lausanne Palace & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Ms. Jeantraveller,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to convey my deepest gratitude to you for sharing such a great comment.

I am thrilled that you got to experience a fabulous time during your stay and to know that you consider us one of the finest hotels in the world

I am very flattered as well to hear that our concierge along with the Spa went the extra mile and delivered an outstanding service.
Please rest assured that I have already personally passed on your kind compliments to them.

Please come back soon, we are ready to create another great experience.

Kindest regards,

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I would give my warmest recommendation of this hotel, which I stayed in for on night on a business trip. I was greeted by a very welcoming reception staff which is enjoyable after a long day of work and travel. The check in process was efficient and direct, and after this I was guided to my room by the staff who also gave me a rough picture of the hotel amenities etc. Claeanliness was on the top of the scale, and I also give my warmest thanks to the housekeeping staff. Nice atmosphere, good location even though a rather high price tag. I feel I could have asked the staff for help with whatever and they would have made it happen. You could always discuss the style of room decoration, which is in an "older style" (standard room) but really well kept and equipped. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Håkan D
Dear Håkan D,

Thanks for having taken the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We want our colleagues to be professional, effective, skilled and most of all genuinely caring.

Furthermore, I would like to thank you too for your warmest recommendation of our hotel

Please come back soon, our colleagues are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kriens, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 May 2014

From arrival to the leave: it was a pleasure to stay here! The feeling, fine food. You find multiple fine Restaurants an places in a very luxury environment. What also count: the nice town. You stay in the centre of the town, that's nice for shopping. But room side is still quiet and fine!

Room Tip: Ask for a room > floor 3 to get the full view! We stayed on floor 5: great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ahekriens
LausannePalace, Manager at Lausanne Palace & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear ahekriens,

Thank you very much for choosing Lausanne Palace & Spa for your recent stay in Lausanne. We truly appreciate that you took your time to share your kind comment.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service did meet your expectations.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you at Lausanne Palace & Spa once more.

With warmest regards,

Gstaad, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very warm welcome upon arrival. Great lunch at the bar. Even "greater" sushi at the sushi place in the evening. ALL servants very friendly and professional!
One very nice experience: while having dinner at the sushi place, on my IPad I checked in for my flight the next day and mailed the boarding pass to the info-mail with the request to print it. Not even two minutes later I had a reply that it was printed and sent to my room! Very efficient!
All in all a great stay!
Thank you!

Room Tip: I received one of the newly renovated rooms on the fifth floor! The room was just amazing, nice furn...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hotelier_suisse
Dear hotelier_suisse,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review on our hotel. We are glad to read that you had an opportunity to enjoy our hotel along with the bar and the restaurant Palace Sushi Zen.

Your kind compliments to our staff would be delivered to them, and they will be very pleased and thrilled to welcome you again. On their behalf, I would like to convey my gratitude to you for sharing your time and comment.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and we sincerely hope to see you soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Even though a very short stay of one night in Lausanne, the Palace is a wonderful hotel and I wish I would have been to stay longer. The room, a junior suite on the lake side was beautiful, modern decor but tastefully decorated. The view, well 180 degrees view of Lake Leman; stunning. I had dinner at one of the restaurant serving mediterranean food. Overall the food was nice, pretty to look at; what I had was good; one of the party was not satisfied with his dish and got it replaced by something else; all taken care promptly and professionally. I definitely will come back on my next stay in Lausanne. The Palace is well... a Palace and deserves its heme and reputation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank talamenthe
LausannePalace, Manager at Lausanne Palace & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Talamenthe

Thank you very much for your positive feedback which is very much appreciated. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time with us on this stay and even more that you will give us the pleasure to welcome you again during your next visit to Lausanne. Once again thank you for choosing the Lausanne Palace & Spa and or team is eager to having you soon again.

Boston, MA
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were extremely pleased that we chose the Lausanne Palace for our two-night stay in early April. We reserved an "Executive Junior Suite with City View," and we were surprised that there was nothing "junior" about it! The suite was as large as most of the full-fledged suites we've reserved at other leading hotels. In the sitting area, two very comfortable sofas flanked a glass coffee table, and off to one side was a small bar area with mini-bar, nespresso machine, and plenty of cups and glassware. A large TV was attached to the wall near a writing desk. In the separate bedroom area, a second large television was positioned on one wall, and a small corridor led to a large closet. The bathroom was large with two sinks, large soaking tub, and separate shower. Amenities were first class.

A buffet breakfast was served in the garden level in a beautiful salon with outdoor seating (weather permitting). It was quite a splurge (as with everything in the hotel), but we found the breakfast experience to be a delightful way to begin each morning.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for travelers who seek a 5-star experience. As other reviewers have noted, it is centrally located, and the hotel will give you a free pass to the metro system (there is a metro stop just a stone's throw from the hotel).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David_Boston_MA
LausannePalace, Manager at Lausanne Palace & Spa, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Mr. David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lausanne Palace & Spa.
We are really flattered to see that we exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed our Junior Suite which you described perfectly in your comment.
As for the breakfast, our Côté Jardin team will be very pleased to hear about your positive comment.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and give you another great experience.

Kindest regards,