All reviews havana bar sushi zen cote jardin grand hotel brasserie restaurant renovated room room service swiss hospitality mini bar junior suite leading hotels of the world favorite hotel excellent hotel lake geneva old world charm concierge staff classic hotel
Reviewed 10 September 2018

As someone who is passionate about beautiful hotels, the Lausanne Palace had been on my bucket list for years – after I first went for drinks at the beautiful lobby bar, the Bar 1915 , a long time ago: even before I started my blog The Parisian Eye, back in 2012… The bar is named after the opening year of the hotel, and sets the tone for the grandeur of the hotel with its marble columns, central chandelier and comfortable sofas all around. Just what you need for a welcome drink while waiting for your room to be ready, after a 4 hour train ride from Paris – or a 45 minute drive from Geneva airport.

After sipping on champagne at Bar 1915, I was quickly escorted to my room where I was enchanted to discover and rush on my balcony, which made me realize why the Lausanne Palace is so much sought after and recommended as prime location in Lausanne: a breathtaking panoramic view over Lake Geneva and the Alps, which conveys a unique atmosphere mixing luxury and know-how.

In addition to the beautiful decor of my spacious Lake View room, the best part to enjoy this summer week-end definitely was the private panoramic balcony. Especially with the welcome champagne bottle that was sent upstairs, in addition to the fruits and delicious chocolate that were waiting for me with a gorgeous flower arrangement… It’s all about the details indeed !

Definitely a landmark of the city, the Lausanne Palace not only offers a great location with beautiful views, it also stands out with a very professional and caring staff. Highly recommended for an unforgettable stay in Lausanne !

Room Tip: The lake views are incredible, especially when you have a balcony to enjoy them !
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
LausannePalace, Guest Relations Manager at Lausanne Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Cedric,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent stay at Lausanne Palace & Spa. We are pleased to read that you enjoy your experience. Please be assured that I will share your kind comments about your nice stay and experiences with our team. We promise you that we will keep working hard to exceed your expectation again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
With my Best Regards,

Pascal Lorquin

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I really loved staying with Lausanne Palace.I had a suite with a lovely balcony with an amazing view all over Lac Leman. In the evening we had dinner at the hotel which was very tasteful and fresh.In the morning for breakfast you have a beautiful buffet with everything you wish for and you can watch the chef preparing your omelette in front of you in the kitchen.I also appreciated a lot the spa and wellness area as well as the garden outside where you can enjoy the sun after having a nice swim at the pool.Everything was excellent.Thank you for such a pleasant stay! I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Dear Sandra,

With my Best Regards,

Pascal Lorquin.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Very luxurious hotel at a great location. It is located walking distance from the train station and near very many shops restaurants and cinemas. At the same time it is a hotel with modern facilities and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Reviewed 27 August 2018

My stay with my family at this hotel was good, we had an issue in one room on the first night with the AC and the hotel gave me a temporary second room close by for the night and then on the second day they moved us to another permanent room. The AC in that room wasn't great too, but we did not want to move again.

The rooms were nice, but they apparently have some rooms modernized and some old. So you might want to ask for the modern rooms before you check in.

The staff of the hotel were really friendly and tried to help us as much as they could. I do not fault them.
Room service had nice food.

The view of the rooms was really good for the city and the lake.

The location of the hotel is about 2 km from the lake, and the walk to the lake is not that bad, because its downhill, but getting back to the hotel was hard.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
LausannePalace, Guest Relations Manager at Lausanne Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Guest,

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Really beautiful hotel. I stayed in a lake facing room and the views and room were stunning. There are some nice touches such as the complimentary mini bar.
The room service menu is limited. The restaurant only opens for breakfast at 7am and it takes them a while to get going which is not ideal if you have an early meeting or flight. The staff are very sweet and try hard.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Dear Guest, We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Lausanne Palace & Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive constructive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, who will be encouraged by your remarks. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely yours