“A disappointing treat”

Ranked #173 of 683 Restaurants in Lausanne
Price range: US$21 - US$67
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ms Somthawin Puttasaraphan our Chef and her team, is preparing the cuisine that her grand-mother showed her. For a unforgettable trip through Thailand.
Begnins, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A disappointing treat”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Service is good and entries were great (Best soup ever). Then things got sour... Fish (" Cigales") was not fresh and tasting like it. My Entrecote was clearly overpriced and not cooked to my taste. At 40.- the Entrecote, I was expecting more than just a "grilled" piece of meat.

• Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with MyTable.com

1 Thank 51Yann

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome, Italy
“Nice food, particular staff”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I come often to Lausanne for work and sometimes eat in this restaurant. It has two parts - European and Thai. I always choose European one, as most of the Thai dishes are spicy and I do not eat spicy food (but my colleagues highly recommended Thai part).

European part of the restaurant: food is great, very tasty, the portions are of good size - not huge, but not small either. Service: very particular. You have to find your way towards the heart of the waiters, especially if you do not speak French. In the beginning I was quite upset by it, but now I learnt to deal with it (and I do not speak French).

Tables are divided into two zones - one zone is for tapas, drinks and snacks, other - for restaurant food with nice table clothes and atmosphere.

Sometimes could be a bit cold, as it is close to the entrance (at least in winter time).

• Visited November 2013
“Tasty Thai in central Lausanne”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Good food, authentic Thai menu & flavours - beef massaman curry was very tasty. Rather overpriced but it is located in an hotel environment so not unexpected, food very nice & service decent

Visited October 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“FANTASTIC Thai food”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This little gem was located inside of the Alpha Palmiers hotel close to the train station. Finding a few hours on our hands between trains, we set up the steep(almost vertical) main thoroughfare and could not resist the delicious smells emanating from the restaurant. The chefs were genuinely from Thailand and it was a semi-open kitchen where you could see your food being prepared. We chose the Tom Kha Gai and the chicken Pad Thai. It was the second best I have ever had, second only to my ultimate favorite place in Laguna, Ca. The service was excellent and our server spoke fairly good English. It was rather pricey for lunch, but we would go back again in a heartbeat. If you find yourself in Lausanne for a meal do yourself a favor and do not miss this place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nawlinsgirl1980
“Too Salty”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel and went for the Thai restaurant. It looks quite nice and it is well visited by hotel guests. Starter was a nice set of springrolls. They were ok. Main dish s green curry. I know Thai food but this was way too much salt. It was not even spicy, just salt. Beef was tough. I didn't eat much....

That's why I thought a sorbet would a good idea. Wrong, because the ice was way too sweet! Now it could be that my taste was totally destroyed by eating so salty but it looks like they just cook here by adding lots and lots of flavorants. Therefore I would not dare to go for the really spicy stuff.

Beer was ok.